free website stats program A Quick Note to Members and Guests | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

A Quick Note to Members and Guests

thank you all for making this site worth coming to. The available resources and expert knowledge base is incredible and has already saved me hundreds of dollars. As previously stated...we all may on occasion use bad words In our normal conversations it is nice not having to read through those words here. We appreciate the professional/family related atmosphere here. Thank you for this site.

And a wealth of technical information from some highly skilled Harley Gurus..:s

There are lots of sites but I keep coming back to and using this one almost exclusively. The advice and help I've received from the people on this site has been invaluable. It doesn't hurt that there's no profanity. I hear enough of that, and I'm no saint either. I like the fact that we're gentlemen here. Adds a touch of class that you don't see anywhere else. Good job guys....and THANKS!

Newbie here. Keep this site as it is now, clean and seems there is respect for each other, even if not agreeing. Good Job moderators.

Richard in Kentucky

I think from time-to-time, it is worth one of us taking a brief moment to give all of us here a quick and gentle reminder of why some of the rules are as they are here on HDTimeline.com. So this is that gentle note.

HDTimeline.com is a private site. We are ALL guests here including the Moderators. While we do value all the points of view that our members and guest have and express here, we do so while considering the rules that have been established by the owners of the site. This is especially true with respect to the language tolerated (or NOT tolerated) here, and the mutual respect expected of all members for each other. The "First Amendment" argument that some violator of the rules try to bring up is a moot point. We welcome a diversity of ideas, beliefs, and opinions AS LONG AS THOSE ARE EXPRESSED IN A WAY THAT FOLLOW ALL THE RULES.

After an attempt to correct rules violations by issuing some minor infractions or "vacations", some people are asked to leave the site for continued violations. A few respond with great vitriol using an abundance of profanity and personal attacks against the owners or managers of the site. This type of behavior confirms that the decision to ask those people to leave the site was the right one. The overall objectives of the rules, and the enforcement of those rules by the team of moderators, is to defend the site from degrading into an environment that IS NOT conducive to the open exchange of ideas, experience, beliefs and opinions.

So for the vast majority of the members and guest here on HDTimeline.com that follow the rules and even value the rules, CHEERS to you. I know I am preaching to the choir. For those that are on the fence but have something to contribute, please review the rules. To the few that want it their way only, please find another site. There are plenty of other site that have different standard of acceptable behavior.

Thank you for your attention.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

TQ
Well, the way I see it is, by time you type out a profane word, the little relief you get from actually saying the word out loud is a lot less satisfying. Especially if you can't spell it. Profanity is not purty misspelled.

:toungejust a quick thank you for letting me slide in the side door thinkin if I can help just 1 person here ill attemped a donation thanks again:cheers

Back