72* and sunny in Florida...

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Mavagrand, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

..tomorrow and you can bet I will be riding. Gonna head to Anna Maria Island for lunch, even if I gotta go alone. We have had a few weeks of really cold temps and I am Jonesing to ride. I'll put my knees in the breeze for you boys up north and throw a smile your way. Keep on hanging on..

2. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Sounds good to me. A buddy and I got to at least work on the scoots today as it was about 40 in the garage.

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Will it is raining now in SoCal, and will be for the next 5 days...with the threat of flooding in the fire charred and low lying areas...1-3" initially, 3" or more towards middle of the week...no riding for now! :(

4. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Sounds great. I'll be coming to your area around the end of Feb., but won't be on the bike. :( It's a vacation with the wife (she's still working), so we will have to do it in the car. Planning on a ride in May to the West coast via Mexico though.

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Thanks for rubbing it in Mavagrand...be thinking of us "Northern" riders/members who's bikes are waiting for better riding conditions.:small3d009:

Enjoy your day in the sun & ride safe!

6. 92FXRS

92FXRS Active Member

Mavagrand, I'm with you. It was 50 degrees in Roanoke on Saturday. I had to
    install new rear wheel bearings & seals in my bike. Had just gotten a new rear tire & the bearing & race on one side was questionable so I replaced both.
    After getting it all put back together, of course I had to take it on a test ride.
    Everything was great & the weather was good too. Of course it rained again Sunday.

7. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

envious i am

8. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

figures, still hovering around the mid 30's here, had one day where it 50
    c'mon spring !!!!!!!

9. rydahog

rydahog Active Member

hey mavagrand,, if you make it again to anna maria ..give me a shout day or two in advance..i am near big bend road in riverview andnear 75...looking to ride.
    just moved here about 4 months ago and looking to hook up with someone for a day ride..later...ryd:)

10. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

Rydahog, we need to hookup and go for a ride. I'm at Lithia Pinecrest/Bloomingdale and know a bunch of good rides in the area. A ride over to Treasure Island to "Gators on the Pass" is a great ride. Also good rides down Bradenton/Sarasota way....