free website stats program 2014's are out | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014's are out

Gosh I guess we need to sell these hunks of junk and go out and buy a Victory! Naa, I'm kind of attached to my old hunks of junk, think I'll keep em.

Jack and Dolt...don't be so negative, our economy was not doing so well, and only now coming out of the doldrums. HD will incrementally get better once they get the new technology infused into their big twin line.

Really? You must be kidding. :shock Not only is our economy not improving but, IMHO, it is very fragile and could be worse very quick. Have you not noticed the interest rate creep? Did you not notice how the market reacted to Bernak's "foot in mouth" moment a few weeks back when he announced that QE would be tapering off a the end of the year?

Besides what do the 2014 models have to do with the economy anyway?

Technology? H-D is so far behind the likes of BMW, Ducati and Triumph that they will never catch up. If the MoCo were to integrate a reconfigured REVO motor and cooling system into the softail, dyna and touring line, they might have something that could compete.

Gosh I guess we need to sell these hunks of junk and go out and buy a Victory! Naa, I'm kind of attached to my old hunks of junk, think I'll keep em.

I don't recall anyone indicating the need to sell earlier models. As a matter of fact, those that have posted, like me, have said hang on to them.

This thread is starting to head to wards politics please can we keep it on line with the bikes

Brian

Jack and Dolt...don't be so negative, our economy was not doing so well, and only now coming out of the doldrums. HD will incrementally get better once they get the new technology infused into their big twin line. :small3d026:

I am NOT being negative here, I hope the MOCO does well, it is the ONLY motorcycle I will buy, that said I do hope they address the crank issues and the bean counters do not cheap out at the riders expense

I happen to agree with Jack and Dolt. Harley as a corporation puts it's stock holders before the buying public. (the ones that put them on the map) And in return to the faithful buyers of these bikes, they look for cheaper ways to make things and as a result the cheap parts and practices cause the consumer time and money that shouldn't be. When I buy anything, I expect it to be relatively trouble free and Harley Davidson isn't making bikes like this. Just look at the fiasco with the cranks for one and the bearing problems as just one other. I could go down the list naming the cheap parts they use or you could look at how many times the suffix letter is changed on a part and see for yourself.

Ya really think so????

There are some really good points here. You go to a metric shop and the focus is on the bikes. At a HD shop I would bet that 60-70 percent of effort is on the accessories. Also the time and effort to have vehicles that say Harley on them that are not even motorcycles. It has seemed that the bikes are 4Th on the plate after share holders, merchandising, accessories for bikes then the actual motorcycles..

Just my 2 cents, but everything I've been hearing about the new twin cooled bikes has been very positive. Obviously they've only been out for a week, so only time will tell what history writes about them, but what I'm hearing is that the new motors have much more power, and no burning of the thighs, or any heat from the radiators. The touch screen thing sounds like it's fairly simple to learn too. If they'd give me more for a trade in on mine, I'd probably go get one. But they won't, so I'll hang on to mine.

Or retrofit them to the new cooler heads. Be the first in your town.
WAP.gif

I was in Indiana today picking up trailers so I decided to stop by Hoosier HD to check out the new bikes. They had a few of them, not as many as in the past but they did have one of the new Ultra Limited's . Nice looking bike. The larger LCD screen on the radio is impressive and it boasts a very detailed GPS. The radiators are in the lowers as we already knew, but they are insulated away from the riders legs and have a fan and vent to blow the heat out and away from the bike.
I still don't like the linked brakes. I have ridden a Goldwing with them and couldn't stand it. They wouldn't let me teat ride the one they had as it was a sold bike so next week I will go to Kitchener HD to set up a ride. I have no interest in purchasing a new bike this year, but I do want to ride one of these to feel for myself how much of the heat is actually taken off of the heads.

I do have one other thought here for this thread. What is the longevity of these motors going to be? I would like honest opinions. They are now cooling the heads only. The basic design of the engine is the same as any twin cam. How are they allowing for the different rates of expansion and contraction of the metals?

Back