free website stats program 2010 FLHX high pitch noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FLHX high pitch noise

Yes, it does come on at different gears -- but it only starts between 3rd and 4th gears which is when I hit 35-40mph and it stays on intermitently all the way up to 6th gear. I started to pay close attention to it and it consistently comes on at 40 mph. Cannot help hearing it because it is a such a high pitched ringing noise - definitely not a whistling noise.

Thanks!

Yes, it does come on at different gears -- but it only starts between 3rd and 4th gears which is when I hit 35-40mph and it stays on intermitently all the way up to 6th gear. I started to pay close attention to it and it consistently comes on at 40 mph. Cannot help hearing it because it is a such a high pitched ringing noise - definitely not a whistling noise.

Thanks!

I Just HAD to ASK.........
Ringing Noise,,,,, Did you put on a BELL that chases away Evil spirits, Deer or Bear?

NO JOKE!

signed....BUBBIE

Can you go 45 mph, and while hearing the ringing, dump in the clutch & let the RPM fall to 1K. Does the ringing continue or does it stop.? (while holding above mph threshold for ringing)

I didn't exactly dump the clutch but what I did was at that speed, while the ringing is going on, I held the clutch in to see if the ringing stops or changes but it had no effect.

I didn't exactly dump the clutch but what I did was at that speed, while the ringing is going on, I held the clutch in to see if the ringing stops or changes but it had no effect.

JMO - since it didnt make a difference by doing this and you only hear at 35/40 mph and pressuming it doesnt matter what RPM - I would check from the fairing to the front wheel. especially the bezel around your headlight. I maybe -and probably am -wrong, but doesnt sound like engine / tranny problems. ????

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking also (not engine/tranny related)... I just haven't been able to isolate this noise. I want to provide as much info as possible when I take it to the dealer. Thanks!

That's what I'm thinking also (not engine/tranny related)... I just haven't been able to isolate this noise. I want to provide as much info as possible when I take it to the dealer. Thanks!

Other members have put Tape(duct) over different areas(one place at a time) on the front of bike.. that could be a way of detecting Where it is coming from,,, when it doesn't make the noise anymore...

Just a thought.

signed....BUBBIE

Back