free website stats program 2005 ft end wobble | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 ft end wobble

dfbales

has any one run into a ft end wobble while coasting down in or out of gear between 40 and 30 mph. fall been adjusted, tires changed and trued. bike has a handle bar harley radio. shocks checked. Bike has a windshield but problem exists with or without it installed. Tire pressure is correct, neck bearings replaced, bikes in allignment, this bike has been to many hd dealers for this problem, hd cant find it. bike was bought new never been dropped or wrecked. looking for some old timers that might have some ideas, hd final "fix" was hold on tight so bike goes straight, which is there addmission they dont know what is causeing it. All shops that have worked on it have called hd about the problem.

Last edited:
I dont have solutions just questions..

Was this bike ever in an accident that you're aware of ?
Are the rims true ?
What about the front bearings, do they have correct end play when mounted?
Was there any work done on the front forks ?

Can low oil level in one of the front forks cause front end wobble ??
There was a recent post about jumping on the front forks to set them. I just cant remember for what type of work.

Last one. What about the caps that hold the front axles. Are they tight ?

I dont have solutions just questions..

Was this bike ever in an accident that you're aware of ?
Are the rims true ?
What about the front bearings, do they have correct end play when mounted?
Was there any work done on the front forks ?

Can low oil level in one of the front forks cause front end wobble ??
There was a recent post about jumping on the front forks to set them. I just cant remember for what type of work.

Last one. What about the caps that hold the front axles. Are they tight ?
no the bike was never dropped or in a accident
rims and ft bearings all good per 3 diffrent hd shops

hd has diassembled and reassembled them 6 times, no problems found
ft axle caps ok

Has anyone ever drained and refilled the front forks? If there is different amounts of fork oil in the two forks, handling problems can occur. It may be a good idea to do this so it can be eliminated as the source.

Just read Dan's post about "jumping on the forks".

That was in reference to reinstalling a front wheel. It is done to align the two fork sliders on the axle.

Front Axle Installation Tip - Harley Davidson Community

Wasn't the steering head bearings a problem regarding preload tightness, that MOCO even raised the torque value and fall away specification? I can't remember the post but I would check manual and service bulletins.

Back