free website stats program 2 year factory warranty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2 year factory warranty

I always did all service's myself [40+years] But when i got my first Harley 11T/G
My thousand and five thousand were free, I just paid for the filter and Synthetic oil. I like the way they treated me so every 6 thousand miles i make an appointment and just ride it in [80 miles one way] and they do it while i wait. Besides i reached the age where i don't want to crawl under machines any more...

I always did all service's myself [40+years] But when i got my first Harley 11T/G
My thousand and five thousand were free, I just paid for the filter and Synthetic oil. I like the way they treated me so every 6 thousand miles i make an appointment and just ride it in [80 miles one way] and they do it while i wait. Besides i reached the age where i don't want to crawl under machines any more...

And you being near to me, who do you use for your servicing? I just have a hard time trusting anyone. I am sorry to say that, truly! But we all have been had, but being had is just customary anymore. I am a serious skeptic when it come to customer service!:unsure

And you being near to me, who do you use for your servicing? I just have a hard time trusting anyone. I am sorry to say that, truly! But we all have been had, but being had is just customary anymore. I am a serious skeptic when it come to customer service!:unsure

I use Baer H/D in Honesdale PA., They been in the same spot since dirt was invented...Great people, And family run...

Anybody have advice on a service manual? I was going to buy one from the dealer but there are download or CD versions on ebay, anybody use one of these, are they direct copies or junk?

Anybody have advice on a service manual? I was going to buy one from the dealer but there are download or CD versions on ebay, anybody use one of these, are they direct copies or junk?

They have a few Shop Manuals available for download here in the downloads section but I don't know if there is one for you model as you realy didn't specify what you ride in your profile. The ones I've seen in PDF format are pretty much direct copies of the OEM manual. I ALWAYS have the dealer throw in a shop manual as part of the deal when I buy a bike (new or used) as they usually cost about $60. If they want to sell the bike bad enough, it'll have a shop manual in the tourpack or saddlebag when I leave with it. Invest in the OEM manual. You can make the next owner really happy when you pass it on to them or, you could always sell it on EBay.

I much prefer having the actual, hard copy version. It can go out into the garage with you or anywhere you wouldn't want to take your computer. You can also make notes in the margins about wrench sizes and torque settings so you're not constantly looking them up.

Well, to make a point for the online or pdf version, you can print out and take the SECTION of the manual that you need to the garage with you instead of lugging the whole book, the book doesn't get all greasy and written in, and when you are done, you can toss the pages that you printed.

Back