free website stats program 1340 evo ?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

1340 evo ??

BKL is a Harley factory engine prefix # for 1986-1999 softail customs. So it appears that you do have a Harley Davidson engine. Positive ID can be determined by; an *asterisk stamped before and after* the serial number, and the numbers should be "pin" stamped, meaning a bunch of dots make up the numbers.
In my opinion, you came out on the good side of the trade.:)

Yes the asterisk is stamped before and after the number and they are pin stamped. Thanks.

So the engine is a HD evo that fits 86 thru 99 - he has a 2006 (?) How/Is there any way to find the maker of the frame / VIN or a manf. number somewhere?? Just wondering.

So the engine is a HD evo that fits 86 thru 99 - he has a 2006 (?) How/Is there any way to find the maker of the frame / VIN or a manf. number somewhere?? Just wondering.

I used a Law enforcement book that my Deputy Sheriff son-in-law gave me to find the info I gave in previous posts. According to the book, older aftermarket frames did not have vin or id numbers. If they did have a number, it is not traceable to the mfg., or used on title. Many state DMV's will attach a tag with a state issued number to the frame at time of initial registration. Newer aftermarket frames all come with vin numbers and a certificate of origin.

Back