free website stats program 1340 evo ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1340 evo ??

Your going to being doing a lot of home work with that bike. A dry primary. No telling what else has been done to it.
I highly recommend you find a well established aftermarket shop that works on HD's. You are going to need their help.

Very sound info here, I would have it checked from top to bottom for peace of mind and some insight to what components you have, Watch out with that open primary, They can bite:s

Thanks for all the information guy's, yes Im taking it to the shop for tires and I will have them check everything. Ok I also did some engine cleaning and finally found some numbers on the left side of the motor, ( BKL X929976 ) so maybe this will help with more info ?? I also traded a 63 Nova station wagon with no engine or trans for this bike , I know what it was worth but I have no clue about the bike , any ideas of the value for this bike Thanks.

putting a price tag on this is not so easy. to me, after a few years and miles it comes down to condition and not much else. does it run? has it been maintained, rust, dinks, and danks, tires, condition of hoses and cables. so many factors, but all leading back to condition.

AHHAA, the old picture worth a thousand words axiom. I (we) initially were thinking STOCK factory Harley stuff. You may well have a 2006 titled bike with an Evo STYLE (HD or other mfg.) engine. From what I can see in your pic. you may have an aftermarket softail style (custom) frame. The way to tell is by serial numbers.
All Harley 17 digit frame vin numbers since 1981 start 1HD1xxxxxxxxx. The engine number will match 3 alpha characters of the vin, and the last 6 numeric digits. There are many possibilities of what you have. At least 6 companies make an engine almost exactly like a Harley Evo. About 100 companies have made frames for Evo engines. In both cases, the serial number, will tell.
There may be subtle stamp on engine case like S&S, Delkron, Revtec, Ultra, etc.
or maybe not. If you tell me the numbers on the frame and engine, I may be able to tell you more. For confidentiality, enter x's for the last 6 digits.
finally found some numbers on the left side of the motor, ( BKL X929976 )

EVO, open primary, raked front end, I assume that is a five spd tranny?

You may have some HD parts on it, but probably not many (the seat looks like a HD Badlander).

Having said all that, it looks like fun. Fix it up, over do the fluids change maintanence (more often is better), and don't abuse it too much. Get a cool paint job done on the tins. Can be your solo run around bike.

TQ

finally found some numbers on the left side of the motor, ( BKL X929976 )

BKL is a Harley factory engine prefix # for 1986-1999 softail customs. So it appears that you do have a Harley Davidson engine. Positive ID can be determined by; an *asterisk stamped before and after* the serial number, and the numbers should be "pin" stamped, meaning a bunch of dots make up the numbers.
In my opinion, you came out on the good side of the trade.:)

BKL is a Harley factory engine prefix # for 1986-1999 softail customs. So it appears that you do have a Harley Davidson engine. Positive ID can be determined by; an *asterisk stamped before and after* the serial number, and the numbers should be "pin" stamped, meaning a bunch of dots make up the numbers.
In my opinion, you came out on the good side of the trade.:)

Yes the asterisk is stamped before and after the number and they are pin stamped. Thanks.

Looks like you have the real deal with the bottom end, Good Trade:s

Back