free website stats program 1340 evo ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

1340 evo ??

Hello, This my first Harley. Is the EVO Engine made by Harley Davidson or is it an aftermarket engine ? I was told that I have a 1340 EVO. Thanks.

Your EVO is indeed a true Harley engine by HD. Being new to this HD I would suggest purchasing the Factory Service Manual for your bike as it will give loads of invaluable information if you intend on performing your own maintenance and service. That paired with the help you will receive here from all the members at HDTimeline.com and you should be able to handle any regular maintenance you decide to take on yourself.

There are lots of members here willing to lend a hand when needed, great folks, great site to be a part of :D

See att. pictures. The twin cam nose cone (right side cover) has two screws at each top corner, evo does not. The twin cam has two piece rocker box (on top of cylinder) covers, evo has 3 piece covers. There are many other differences, but these are the easiest to spot for me. Twin cam is on left.

Attachments

• twin cam 88 engine.jpg
    twin cam 88 engine.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 40
  • evolutionengine1.jpg
    evolutionengine1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for the help. This is my first Harley so im trying to learn. Here are a couple of pic's.

Attachments

• evo1.jpg
    evo1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 75
  • evo2.jpg
    evo2.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 63
AHHAA, the old picture worth a thousand words axiom. I (we) initially were thinking STOCK factory Harley stuff. You may well have a 2006 titled bike with an Evo STYLE (HD or other mfg.) engine. From what I can see in your pic. you may have an aftermarket softail style (custom) frame. The way to tell is by serial numbers.
All Harley 17 digit frame vin numbers since 1981 start 1HD1xxxxxxxxx. The engine number will match 3 alpha characters of the vin, and the last 6 numeric digits. There are many possibilities of what you have. At least 6 companies make an engine almost exactly like a Harley Evo. About 100 companies have made frames for Evo engines. In both cases, the serial number, will tell.
There may be subtle stamp on engine case like S&S, Delkron, Revtec, Ultra, etc.
or maybe not. If you tell me the numbers on the frame and engine, I may be able to tell you more. For confidentiality, enter x's for the last 6 digits.

Ok this bike came from Maryland and the only numbers I can locate come from the Maryland state sticker on the frame tube and start with MA & their are only five numbers, the Maryland title also has the same numbers, and reads 2006 HD, I have searched all over this bike and thats all that I can find, I included some more pic's. Do I even have a Harley here ??

Attachments

• hd.jpg
    hd.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 53
  • hd5.jpg
    hd5.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 52
  • hd6.jpg
    hd6.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 58
By your description of the Maryland frame sticker, you may have a "kit" bike. Some companies put together everything to build a bike. When done, the owner/builder takes all his receipts and engine and frame certificates to the DMV and is given a title. There are many different ways to build a bike piece by piece. There should be some kind of serial number on the engine, usually on the left side. At least you should be able to see where numbers have been ground off (not good). Do you really have a Harley? No. I would call it a clone or custom, and not worry about it, it's a nice looking bike.

Back