free website stats program 00-03 HD Codes And Activation | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

00-03 HD Codes And Activation

Mr. Data Do you have any pictures of the jumper you fabricate. I have a '03 Heritage FI. I see a data link right behind the oil tank. Is that the correct one? Any pictures would help greatly. Thanks

It's a 14 gauge solder less terminal.

tn559s3.jpg

Mr. Data, I just replaced my voltage regulator on my '02 SERK, after reading many of your posts on troubleshooting electrical issues, and understanding the diagnostic code process. I just want to thank you for posting this information so guys like me can find the problem, fix the problem, and get riding again without having to take out a loan! Thx for all the info! Best Regards, John

Hey John, Thanks for that. I like to help folks out so the dealers can't line their pockets with our hard earned cash. Glad you were able to do the job yourself.:s

Mr. Data,
Thanks much for your info. To date, we replaced the TSSM and re-prgrammed the pager/security system. The battery is now functional and doesn't die any longer. However, the thought of the voltage being the cause of the "sputtering" and "Seeming like the fuel just ran out" was not the case. The bike just acted like the fuel ran out again and wouldn't start right back up. It took a couple cranks but it started again.

This doesn't happen when I'm on the highway cruising. Only when moving slowly around town. Also, I'm pretty certain that I have a historical code because when the light/ign is turned on, the "Check engine" light comes on briefly and then when I crank it and it starts, it comes on again for 8 seconds exactly and then goes off.

I'm thinking this may also be a separate problem since it is a historic code and shouldn't give me a code reflecting the "sputtering" problem.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Dan
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but I have had a similar problem with the engine cutting in and out and as if a cylinder is completely dead at times. After researching and discussing with a few techs I have it narrowed down to a couple things initially. One, in 02 the road kings had an issue with the EFI wiring harnesses being tied too tight causing a wire to break inside of the insulation...can't see it, but causes big time issues. To test for this you can use a volt meter to trouble shoot each line individually (use Ohms). This may take a while but it won't cost you $75 an hour just to check. Two, it was suggested to me that I take my air cleaner off and with the engine at idle spray some carb cleaner on the throttle plate. If the engine cuts out or stalls you know you may have an intake gasket leak. Hope I'm on the right track. Driving me crazy not having my ride!!

Two, it was suggested to me that I take my air cleaner off and with the engine at idle spray some carb cleaner on the throttle plate. If the engine cuts out or stalls you know you may have an intake gasket leak. Hope I'm on the right track. Driving me crazy not having my ride!!

That would be the carb cleaner on the intake seals. If you spray it on the throttle plate it WILL cut the engine off.

The wiring harness can be checked by wiggling it with the engine running and see if it stumbles.

Mr. Data, I have a 2003 FLSTCI. Would you happen to know the P/N for the data link that I have to apply the jumper to? Or maybe a picture of it. I don't want to make a mistake and jump the wrong thing. Thanks

You should only have one plug with 4 wires in it. You use the #1 & #2 pins in the plug to jump.

This is the best I can do to show the plug. It should show in your factory manual too.

tn560s3.jpg

I have a 2003 Electra Glige Classic it has a lot of motor work done it also has the Dynojet Power comander on the bike I just had it Dinoed at 90 HP and 100LB-FT. It has had an intemitet problen for a while. Occasionally the engine light will come on but it does not affect the performance of the bike. I tried using the procedure you described even the exact same femail connector to jump out terminal one and two. I get no engine light when I turned the ignition on. I took the power commander out of the circuit and tried again but got the same result. My question is in the failure code what does check engine light high mean? However the CEL reads for 3 to 5 seconds when I start the bike so I know the light works. Any help?

The check engine light is a way for the system to tell you there is a problem. Without getting any codes from the system in the form of blinks of the light, it's difficult to pinpoint the problem or cause of the light.

Back