free website stats program Wrecked my Sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

Wrecked my Sportster

Grouse

Well in the 90 deg heat found out that the black stuff they patch roads up with melts. Furthermreo the (EDIT) is like pure oil and bike tires don't like it. Also found out that if you down shift in it...it can send you into a slide. Any how ....my baby is broke....any one know any good and fast repair mechanics in the Akron/Canton or North East OH??? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry for the accident, thats horrible. I hope that you are ok otherwise.

It's odd you bring this up. Last week I went on a ride with a few friends with my daughter on the back of my bike. While going through a turn I hit this exact stuff you are talking about and I felt the bike start to slide. I was able to right the bike quickly and all was well. Very hard to see this stuff.

Yeah our highway dept. also uses that crap to patch cracks in the road...it can go on for miles here. If it rains ...than when it seems to be the worse. Seem like the highway folks don't like Bikers all that well. They have grooved our roads and in some areas they are so deep it wants to take the handle bars right out of your hands. Very frustrating.

the tar overbanding is also known as road snakes due to the fact they are as slippery as anything specially in the wet, glad your ok and here to tell us

for sure some slick stuff .. i have run into it once or twice

Bummer your ride got damaged. Sure hope you're 100% OK. I HATE those road snakes. I slow down and treat them like an oil slick when I see them far enough in advance.

Thanks for the well wishes! It really does help. I'm fine....road rash and bruised ego is about the extent of my damages! Right controls are trashed..couple of dents in the tank (which really hurt me!) is what's wrong with the bike. All in all I got it pretty good considering!
Thanks again!
jj

Ive scared myself a few times on that crap as well. Never knew it was called "road snakes" before but seems like a pretty accurate description... Glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

Glad it wasn't too bad. I'm glad to hear you are around to chat about it.

Crap if it wasn't for road snakes we wouldn't have roads here, they are nasty critters. Glad you're OK and don't even try to pop out those tank dents by putting your mouth on the filler hole and blowing.... it doesn't work.

Crap if it wasn't for road snakes we wouldn't have roads here, they are nasty critters. Glad you're OK and don't even try to pop out those tank dents by putting your mouth on the filler hole and blowing.... it doesn't work.

LOL!!! :D:D:D

Back