free website stats program Windshield? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield?

While in Sturgis, I rode their Ultra outfitted with the tall windsplitter and it worked pretty well for the short 14 mile ride we were given. I ended up buying the Klock Werks 8.5" flare and am very impressed with it. I am 5'-13" and here is my (personal) assement of the windshields I've tried.
  • Klock Werks 8.5" Flare- So far, I love this windshield. I haven't ridden with it below 60*, so that's my last concern. Otherwise, it's works as well as or better than the 10" and looks as good as or better than the 8".
  • I haven't used any windshield shorter than 8" that I liked.

Hope this helps!

BTW, they all worked better than a 15" on an FLTR! :)

This measurement would make biglew 6'1"...:s Sorry, too hard to resist & totally agree w/his assessment on KW 8.5" w/s. I have the same set-up on my 09 FLHX with 3-pouch t-bags & am really pleased w/looks, performance & functionality. Here's what the setup looks like on my bike - see post #7 on thread: (Windshield preferences ?? - Harley Davidson Community). I'm 5'11" (same as biglew, I think :s ) & this shield routes wind over my head. Another thing you might want to invest in is the HD fork baffle (part# 58520-79TC) because you'll be surprised at how much wind comes up from below tank.

On my 2010 flhx I put the Klockwerks 6" shield on it and the wind goes over me and my passenger. I'm 5'10".

On my 2010 flhx I put the Klockwerks 6" shield on it and the wind goes over me and my passenger. I'm 5'10".

Agree & I had same good luck w/6.5" KW shield...only moved to 8.5" so my w/s bags fit. Could "parachute pack" them into the 6.5" & it was hard catching all the fairing/shield screws, but 8.5" KW was specifically desighed for w/s bags.

Another thing you might want to invest in is the HD fork baffle (part# 58520-79TC) because you'll be surprised at how much wind comes up from below tank.

I already have one, Im 6'4" but have a long torso, the stock shield hits me at the tip of my nose. I just dont know if the KW 8.5" would make up the difference.

FastAire out of Nevade makes a good priced recureved winshiled in several heights and shades. They also have several in a non-recurved as well.

My windshiled just cracked at the mounting points under the fairing so it's time for a upgrade.

Back