Windshield?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by UltraNew09, Sep 18, 2011.

1. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

I tried the HarleyDavidson 4.5" wind splitter and threw the jet stream at my eyes and forehead. I thinkin of tryin the 7" windsplitter, reckon that would put the stream over my head? Im 6'4", like I said the 4.5" hit me in the eyes and forehead, reckon 2.5" more clear my head?

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Is the top of your head more than 2 1/2 inches above your eyes?

:lolrolling

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Windshields are one of the frustrating things to get 100% right. Since it's a Harley product, see if they'll let you put it on at the dealership and try it out for 10 or 15 minutes before committing to buy.

3. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

HAHA, The guy said to becareful and dont scratch, if it isn't right bring it back. Its an expensive windshield but love the looks of it. I had the 4.5" and took it back, wasn't scratched or anything, thinkin of tryin the 7". I just hate the looks of the factory 12" clear one.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Try a search for "windshields". You'll probably find a lot to keep you reading for weeks.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

And how it functions as well. I just got through riding a rental Electraglide with the tall windshield and, at 6 feet tall even, I was constantly switching from stretching a bit to look over it or slouching to look through it. The top of the shield was right in my normal sight line.

6. cavs1429

cavs1429 Member

10 inch freedom shield will work perfect for you i have one and it works great

7. stikman

stikman Active Member

I am 5' 11" and have a 9" windshield from Freedom Shields and it works great, you can try the shield and if you don't like it send it back for another or a refund.

8. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick New Member

Take a look at the Windvest brand they are awesome windsheilds I have a 7 inch on my street glide the design and function is oustanding!

Ranger Rick

9. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

I bought a Memphis Shades from J&P Cycle. It was in their clearance for $40.
    The WS that was on the bike was too short. Previous owner was 5'6". I'm 6'.
    Added the new WS, checked where I wanted it to be (top of WS even with my nose) and took it to a local shop that has experience it cutting them.
    They cut it ($10) and it works perfect.
    Can't even tell it was trimmed.

10. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

Thought about cutting my stock one down an inch at a time. Guess my real question, due to the design of the H-D splitter windshield, will the 7" function like the stock 12"?