free website stats program Windshield? | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield?

I tried the HarleyDavidson 4.5" wind splitter and threw the jet stream at my eyes and forehead. I thinkin of tryin the 7" windsplitter, reckon that would put the stream over my head? Im 6'4", like I said the 4.5" hit me in the eyes and forehead, reckon 2.5" more clear my head?

Is the top of your head more than 2 1/2 inches above your eyes?

:lolrolling

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Windshields are one of the frustrating things to get 100% right. Since it's a Harley product, see if they'll let you put it on at the dealership and try it out for 10 or 15 minutes before committing to buy.

HAHA, The guy said to becareful and dont scratch, if it isn't right bring it back. Its an expensive windshield but love the looks of it. I had the 4.5" and took it back, wasn't scratched or anything, thinkin of tryin the 7". I just hate the looks of the factory 12" clear one.

I just hate the looks of the factory 12" clear one.

And how it functions as well. I just got through riding a rental Electraglide with the tall windshield and, at 6 feet tall even, I was constantly switching from stretching a bit to look over it or slouching to look through it. The top of the shield was right in my normal sight line.

I am 5' 11" and have a 9" windshield from Freedom Shields and it works great, you can try the shield and if you don't like it send it back for another or a refund.

Take a look at the Windvest brand they are awesome windsheilds I have a 7 inch on my street glide the design and function is oustanding!

Ranger Rick

I bought a Memphis Shades from J&P Cycle. It was in their clearance for $40.
The WS that was on the bike was too short. Previous owner was 5'6". I'm 6'.
Added the new WS, checked where I wanted it to be (top of WS even with my nose) and took it to a local shop that has experience it cutting them.
They cut it ($10) and it works perfect.
Can't even tell it was trimmed.

Thought about cutting my stock one down an inch at a time. Guess my real question, due to the design of the H-D splitter windshield, will the 7" function like the stock 12"?

Back