free website stats program Wind Speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind Speed

Oops! pretty much what the others said. I don't know but since my 92 fatboy was lowered I can just barely touch it and it will start to go and even with a shorter jiffy stand so if that helps any, but if 100 mph winds will push a 200lb man imagine a 5 to 6oolb bike with cover acting like a sail.

I've seen first hand an Ultra tip over that had a cover on it with wind speeds at 60mph.Glad it wasn't mine:bigsmiley24:

Wow! I did not it could go down that easy with a cover.

I put mine in a friend's garage because I though the cover would put a tattoo on the paint.

Good luck to all of us, and Good Night Irene, I will see you in my deams.

Where are you located? If you are near me I'll let you use half of my garage. Southeastern CT.

Thanks a lot Rubyred! That's so cool of you to offer up a spot in your garage.

I'd also like to thank everyone else for the input. This is not for my bike. It's for very good friends bike. I offered him a spot in my garage and he thought he didn't need to garage it. After a couple days of projected hurricane path and estimated wind speeds. He changed his mind.

Ruby, Knowing you live in close approximately to me and the storm is hours away. I'd like to let you know that if a situation arises. Don't hesitate to ask if there is something I can do to help.

Thanks,
Pete

Thanks a lot Rubyred! That's so cool of you to offer up a spot in your garage.

I'd also like to thank everyone else for the input. This is not for my bike. It's for very good friends bike. I offered him a spot in my garage and he thought he didn't need to garage it. After a couple days of projected hurricane path and estimated wind speeds. He changed his mind.

Ruby, Knowing you live in close approximately to me and the storm is hours away. I'd like to let you know that if a situation arises. Don't hesitate to ask if there is something I can do to help.

Thanks,
Pete

Same goes here Pete.

Back