free website stats program Wind shield choices | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind shield choices

FOBOS

Hello again,

I am looking to buy a windshield for my Dyna low rider. What would be a good choice for price and perhaps quick release? I really like riding around town, but on longer runs the bugs and wind are kinda a bummer.

Thanks for any replies.

I just bought a switchblade from National Cycle, and couldn't be more pleased with the look, or quality. They have 3 sizes in the switch blade line up Shorty, Chopped, and 2-up. The all come tinted or clear. I bought the chopped clear because it blends better with the bike. Tinted makes the windshield stand out on the bike so it's the first thing you notice.

Thanks for the reply wild spirit, I'll check them out.

Hey wildspirit97, I've got narrow drag bars at this time, will the switch blade chopped work with them? I really like the prices on the National site. How much extra is the mounting hardwear?

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey wildspirit97, I've got narrow drag bars at this time, will the switch blade chopped work with them? I really like the prices on the National site. How much extra is the mounting hardwear?

Thanks again!
I don't see why it wouldn't They mount to the fork tubes, so bars shouldn't make a difference. I bought mine from J&P. Total price is about $413, if you add the gold club membership to your purchase. It's about $405 with out the membership, but if you plan on buying anything else from 'em it's worth it. Of course if you already had the membership or knew someone that did it would only cost you $364.48 for windshield and mounting hardware shipped to your door.:s

P.S. don't be fooled by J&P's description on their website. The windshield does NOT come with the mounting hardware. Even though it lists "Bike specific mounting hardware" in the product description.
They got me when I ordered, and I was a little Miffed when I got my windshield and it says on the box "mounting hardware sold separately"
They were kind enough to send it free shipping:wall

I've got the H-D quick dis-connect compact windsheild and couldn't be happier with it. It's big enough to do the job and when you take it off there is no hardware left behind. There are 4 clamps that hold it on the fork tubes :)

I have the HD compact windshield w/quick release mounts (standard height) on my '07 Street Bob. It's perfect for my needs and looks good too. Bought it off eBay for $250, like new save a couple of minor scratches.

You can't go wrong w/the HD windshield, but I can't really compare it to Memphis Shades, National, etc. 'cause I've never seen them.

John

I appreciate all your responses. I went ahead and ordered a HD quick release for $307 including shipping.:D

I appreciate all your responses. I went ahead and ordered a HD quick release for $307 including shipping.:D

Good choice! I have one on my 04 Superglide and it has been a trooper for 54,000 miles so far! If you like taking it off and putting it on it is the cleanest and easiest. Mine gets taken off for cleaning only. When it is HOT out I take it off and clean it in the tub by putting a towel over it and wetting the towel down. Let it set for a while then wiping it off. Works well and I don't have to stand out in 125 degree heat to clean the shield.

Let us know what you think once you get it and put it on.

Cowboy

I really like the HD QR Windscreen, the quality and finish is very high quality. On my Sporty lightly smoked 14" or so windscreen is approx. 3" below my sight horizon :D Post some pictures of yours.

Back