free website stats program Wind shield choices | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind shield choices

Fobos, I just saw your reply and someone has beaten me to it. I got mine during a sale at the dealership and after the discount it was about $275. Make sure you use the correct cleaner for it!!!!

Two things, just as Sgtcowboymusic said, when you've got a good buildup of bugjuice on the sheild, soak a t-shirt or towel and lay it on the sheild for a while, it really helps loosen the stuff up.

When wiping the sheild, don't go in a circular motion, wipe up and down. That way, if you have something on the rag you won't get swirl marks etched across the sheild.

FOBOS

I have a Windvest on my Softail. It is the second mc I have had one on. They come off easily with 4 hex, have several sizes, come in clear and smoked, and have several mounting options. They are very THICK and sturdy.

Thanks for all the replies and tips fellas. Can't wait to get the shield on and not worry about bees( I'm allergic), rocks and wind. Just want to enjoy the rides!

Hi all. Hey I need to know from you who use a windshield on your Dyna's what you get for wind buffeting. I have a 2005 SuperGlide and bought the HD quick release windshield for it. It was too tall to start with so I had it chopped 2" so I could see over it. My dilema is that I can't get rid of the wind coming behind the windshield that shakes me so much I can't see very good cause my prescription glasses are vibrating so bad. I would chop it even more if it weren't for the fact that the darn thing cost me nearly $400 to start with and chopping it may not help. When I remove the windshield it is great! NO buffeting! So now I am asking for some ideas as to what I should do now. If I have to I will sell mine and get something different. I would also like to know from anyone who has prescription glasses and rides a Dyna or what ever kind of bike other than a bagger and enjoys a windshield.

Thanks!

Slayer I have a 2004 SG so ours should be the same. I do not experience any turbulence problems except when it is a strong side wind. I have Motorcycle glasses that have a strap that I can tighten down when riding in those type conditions.
Hope that was what you were looking for if not let me know and I will try to help. My windshield is standard height but I am 6' so I do not have a problem seeing over it.

Cowboy

Hi all. Hey I need to know from you who use a windshield on your Dyna's what you get for wind buffeting. I have a 2005 SuperGlide and bought the HD quick release windshield for it. It was too tall to start with so I had it chopped 2" so I could see over it. My dilema is that I can't get rid of the wind coming behind the windshield that shakes me so much I can't see very good cause my prescription glasses are vibrating so bad. I would chop it even more if it weren't for the fact that the darn thing cost me nearly $400 to start with and chopping it may not help. When I remove the windshield it is great! NO buffeting! So now I am asking for some ideas as to what I should do now. If I have to I will sell mine and get something different. I would also like to know from anyone who has prescription glasses and rides a Dyna or what ever kind of bike other than a bagger and enjoys a windshield.

Thanks!

I just recently bought a Road King Custom that already had a quick release HD windshield but it is adjustable and I LOVE it! I have ridden many different windshields and have never been very happy with the ride height. but this one is adjustable 3 or 4 inches and it goes up for the interstate and down in town. It is really easy to adjust (not supposed to adjust in flight but it can be done), light smoke for the bottom and clear on top (never have liked the 2 tone but this one is not bad). The only draw back is that where the 2 pieces over lap there is a little bit of scratching, seems that the previous owner did not clean it out enough. I am going to hit that with some polish and see if it comes out (i can post results if anyone wants to know). The part number is 57705-02 but it looks as if the windshield is not being sold any more because HD dose not offer it at all on there web site and at Surdyke.com they are saying that it is unavailable and I am not sure if they even offer one for the low rider. Good choice on the quick release! worth its weight in gold!

Last edited:
sgt....I look over mine now too since I chopped it. All the wind seems to be coming from under the shield and over the tank. I am thinking of trying one of those small shields what 'cha think...?

sgt....I look over mine now too since I chopped it. All the wind seems to be coming from under the shield and over the tank. I am thinking of trying one of those small shields what 'cha think...?

My shield comes down on either side of the headlight like legs almost (Best way I could describe it). Air does not come up that way very much. Don't know if a windvest type shield would stop the problem you are indicating but friends who have them like them.

Cowboy

Back