free website stats program Will Dealer install parts I bring in? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Will Dealer install parts I bring in?

they should install the parts that you bring in. i had bought bub exhaust for my bike which hd couldn't order. i also had them put it on even though i can do it myself b/c of warranty. i didn't want something to happen down the road and have hd say that it was my fault b/c i installed them myself. this way they have no excuses. my dealership didn't mind,i also know most of the guys there though. they were running 20% off of installs last month. they just wouldn't give me the 20% b/c i didn't purchase through hd.

The stage 1 and Slip-on mufflers together are only about a 1/2-1 hr job if you do it yourself. And if you dont have the tools it can be done with the tools that are supplied in the pouch you got with your Harley.Make sure you ask the dealer how much time he is going to charge you BEFORE you take it there.

you got tools w/your bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
no tools for me.......Dealer probably took them out........I like most of the people at my dealer, but would have wished I bought from the dealer closer to my home.........the offered two $500 gift cards as we purchased two bikes....the place I bought mine gave me a sweat shirt and my fiance two t-shirts........as a little irritated that they couldn't do better than that......anyway I degress.........sorry

my dealership will not install parts they do not order. but they will order just about anything i want. ive ordered alot of stuff from j and p through them and get it at the catalog price, tax and they usually pay the freight.

The stage 1 and Slip-on mufflers together are only about a 1/2-1 hr job if you do it yourself. And if you dont have the tools it can be done with the tools that are supplied in the pouch you got with your Harley.Make sure you ask the dealer how much time he is going to charge you BEFORE you take it there.

What tools. I didn't recieve tools with my new Harley??

I believe most of the Dealers will install "bring-in" parts, they'd warranty on their "workmanship" but not on the parts that they installed supplied by Customers. Another words, they'd warranty if the parts they installed felt off by not torqued them bolts/nuts down to spec but they would not warranty for the parts that get deffect by the use of materials or contruction ie..baffles felt off inside of the pipes for instance.

I wasn't trying to be obnoxious,Steve(but maybe I came across that way and if I did I certainly apologize for that)but I was just quoting my dealer who would not install anything that wasn't purchased from him.

Might want to try another dealer! (unless your are in California) Most will not turn down any work of any kind in this economy. Mine here locally would of course love to sell you a HD part, but will install other brands if you brought them in. For instance, many of us don't use the Syn3 and bring our own oil in and it happens quite often. However, there is a law in California that will crucify a dealer for installing none EPA stuff and the fine is very expensive.
Ugly John

Back