free website stats program Will any auto wax and/or chrome polish work? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Will any auto wax and/or chrome polish work?

For the chrome try simichrome, available from just about any mc dealer and auto store. I have used it for years on my dirt bikes and now on my harleys. Removes any surface rust and can be used on aluminum as well. Just about any good polish will work for the paint, but between uses use Pledge, highly reccomended by this forum.

Meguiars 2.0 TechWax on black is awesome & then I use Wizards detail spray in between. Also, HD chrome polish is good on the shiny stuff, along w/never dull. For winter break - spritz w/S100 protectant to keep things looking good when the cover comes off from a long hibernation.

Turtle wax liquid in the green bottle on the chrome is better than the chrome polish that is abrasive.
I'll always remember what you said a while ago about there being a translucent barrier between the nickel chromium. So I try not to break that barrier with any harsh, abrasive cleaners. It seems that gentle is the way to go on chrome unless it's too far gone.Then I guess it's
elbow grease.:D

guys i know this is a Harley Davidson forum and i own one ......but the spray cleaner/polish i use is bought at my local Honda shop that stuff works GREAT as far as wax goes i agree 2 times a year on the paint/chrome just keep it clean!

Clay bar is just that.
A clay or syn clay that is use with polish and or a lube to finely polish painted
surfaces.
IMO big waste of time on modern paint jobs most of the time.

Not as safe to use a they claim IMO, I have seen some bad results here you go
YouTube - How to use a clay bar on your car
Thanks for this Smitty. I never even heard of a clay bar before. Sure glad I come to this forum! :) :)
I think the only time that I would use that is as a last ditch attempt to restore a really damaged finish and I would try it first on my "beater car" just to see the results.

Back