free website stats program Will any auto wax and/or chrome polish work? | Harley Davidson Forums

Will any auto wax and/or chrome polish work?

GimmeFuel

Will any wax and/or chrome polish from anywhere (autozone, wal mart, etc.) work to protect the bike from moisture and keep it looking good? Or do I need to go with something specialized?

Pledge is a good product to use between waxes. I carry it on my bike. However, I do use real wax a few times a year. I can't say I've noticed any difference between brands as long as they are all quality brand names. I do recommend using carnuba wax though. And at least once a year hit the bike with a clay bar....that will really make it shine.

Pledge is a good product to use between waxes. I carry it on my bike. However, I do use real wax a few times a year. I can't say I've noticed any difference between brands as long as they are all quality brand names. I do recommend using carnuba wax though. And at least once a year hit the bike with a clay bar....that will really make it shine.

Do you use wax on the chrome, also or is there something different for that?

Will any wax and/or chrome polish from anywhere (autozone, wal mart, etc.) work to protect the bike from moisture and keep it looking good? Or do I need to go with something specialized?
I use Harley Glaze polish, and Wizard's spray detailer. The harley Glaze is also great for the chrome. I stick to "automotive" finish protectants for my Harley.

Do you use wax on the chrome, also or is there something different for that?

Gimme, just about any good chrome cleaner will work. Personally, I use DuraGlit, it's a product I started using in the Marine Corps, always worked for me. You can use Pledge to "quick clean" the chrome with no problem but I do occasionally clean it with metal polish as well.

Gimme, just about any good chrome cleaner will work. Personally, I use DuraGlit, it's a product I started using in the Marine Corps, always worked for me. You can use Pledge to "quick clean" the chrome with no problem but I do occasionally clean it with metal polish as well.

No that was a blast from the past.... DuraGlit :s

I have a box full of all kinds of wax and chrome polish that I have picked up over the years at various rallies and shows.

The best product I have found is Surf City Garage.

I get it at one of the local Pep Boys (had to e-mail Surf City to find out where to get it locally) All of their products are easy to use and out perform everything else I have tried, not to mention they sent all of their stuff to the point that you almost want to taste it.

I do use Pledge on my seat, the wax helps water proof the seams so that water doesn't get through during washing or sitting in the rain.

I agree with you Mavagrand. Pledge in between my Spring and Fall once a year waxes. I always use Pledge on my windshield however.

The best product I have found is Surf City Garage.

Interesting... I have never heard of them but will look them up and give them a try. It's funny how some of these "no name" companies can come out of no where with some of the best products.

I have a Pep-Boys not far from me...Tks!

Turtle wax liquid in the green bottle on the chrome is better than the chrome polish that is abrasive.

Back