free website stats program Which security system is best | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which security system is best

In the old days, I would almost never park my scooter where I could not see it, or check on it readily. With the Scorpio SR-i900, I can park it out of my sight, and it will tell me if anyone sits on it, or moves it, or messes with it in any way. If nothing else, it provides just so much added sense of security. If a pro wants it, it will be gone in less than 90 secs. That is what insurance is for. A non-pro, or curious sitter-onner, gets to be surprised by a tweaked owner.

I can be as far away as 1/4 mile (line-of-sight) and still be notified by an irritated scooter. She will gently warn lookie-loos that get too close. I have a couple of club brothers that like to tease my scooter, by waving their hands over the seat. That is life. I can also hand my my scooter to an armed hijacker, and kill it (with siren) as they try to ride away on it (up to 1/4 mile, line of sight). By then I will have been able to access Mr. Glock. I have had 2 experiences with potential hijackers. Neither one successfully obtained the privlege of throwing their legs over my scooter.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Well I purchased the i800 kit this morning with the Ultra Classic connector for about $150. Based on the feedback from the HD parts department I'm getting more functionality for less money with the Scorpio kit. I will not get the notifications like the i900 kit but hopefully it will deter some nonsense. I have good insurance if a pro decides to steal it.

A good security system like the Scorpio is a wise investment. I also suggest that if you are going to be away from your bike that you run a good cable or chain to another bike or pole that can't be moved. I've told the story before about a video the Daytona Police showed at a bike week years ago. Harley parked outside a bar, owner gets off and locks the ignition and puts a lock through the front caliper and walks inside. Minutes later a pickup pulls up with 4 guys in the back, from the time it pulls up to the time it drives away with the bike in the back is 12 seconds. Good insurance is a good idea too.

Back