free website stats program Which security system is best | Harley Davidson Forums

Which security system is best

I'm considering adding security to my Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Is it worth the money to buy the HD system or is a system like Scorpio a better value?

Your bike should have the security system, just not the alarm. Do you have the fob, and do your directional lights flash 2x when you turn the bike on and shut it off? If so, you can buy the alarm from HD for HD (hundred dollars), or get a siren from Radio Shack for $6, that is just as loud. Installation is e-z, instructions are in the self help area.
Welcome to the forum.

My $.02 is this. If bike does not have a alarm or security, locking it down when parked and installing bright colored lock on front wheel will suffice..

I've got a Scorpio SR-i900 (with optional perimeter sensor & remote ignition disable feature) on my '03 RKC, and have had for several years. it has alot of excellent features, and has served me flawlessly since installation.

Scorpio Secure | Scorpio

Enjoy,
Rich P

I don't think my bike currently has the security system. The blinkers do not flash when started or killing it. Also the HD dealer said it didn't when I bought it. He offered to add it.

I did not realize you could even buy an Ultra without the security system on it anymore. I thought that the security system was a standard feature on an Ultra for several years now...guess I was wrong.

I just looked on the HD web site. It appears to be a $395 option on the Ultra Classic but standard on the Ultra Limited. The Scorpio i800 kit with remote ignition disable, and the Ultra Classic connector looks really good at $169.

Wonder why this is??? Siren outside N. America but not here.

"North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren."

I just looked on the HD web site. It appears to be a $395 option on the Ultra Classic but standard on the Ultra Limited. The Scorpio i800 kit with remote ignition disable, and the Ultra Classic connector looks really good at $169.

Well, to get back to your original question. Popular (anything I agree with) opinion is that alarms are to keep novices from stealing your stuff. Professional scumbags will get it anyhow. That said, the kit you mentioned, or "Gorilla", will probably help keep it safer .

Back