free website stats program which oil for primary? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

which oil for primary?

I think when you HD guy said every Three Years he was Mostly Complementing the Spectro,, Like Dave at Redline say you could go 40,000 miles on their shockproof but Does suggest to change out at HD's suggested times...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie you are correct! The dealer Tech means the Spectro is so good, you only need change it 3 years in the tranny, If using the Formula + then change it at the end of each year.
He said use the formula + in the primary and tranny because Harley has tested it and it works for them.
I agree with the post it doesn't hurt to change it all every time, in fact I used to change all 3 fluids every 3500 kms! That's when the dealer tech told me you can slow down, you may change it this often but in our climate you don't have to. Also he said it's OK to use fossel oil for around town use but on long trips he recommends the Syn oil as it's cooler.
I know others will jump in on this topic, switching back and forth etc. I don't switch back to fossel oil. I'm just telling you what he said.
Myself I change the oil with Amsoil every 4000 kms, primary with formula + every second oil change, and the tranny at the end of the year with Formula + or if needed, the 3rd oil change in the season.
I change all the fluids in Nov when I put her to bed.

Back