Votes: 123 88.5%
  • Sundays

Votes: 125 89.9%
  • Special Events

Votes: 94 67.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ride @ 33 miles each way to work, all roads 55 & up, (except the driveway, I can hit 3rd gear there if I try). I will often take the long way home too......have the same problem some days that I have noticed a couple of others mention........the bike will just blow right by my exit......hard to explain that to the boss. I don't like rain, but the chaps really helped add days to my riding season, but now I'm thinking that I may go for some of that heated gear I keep reading about. I will try and avoid rain days simply because of the distance and the roads here, heavy traffic & high speeds.
Not in rain(if I can help it), snow or below 45 degrees.

For me it's all the time, from the shortest store runs to long vacation trips with my wife. Work and pleasure (don't tip off my insurance co.). I'm California lucky, at least in this respect, and it's the only way to negotiate the freeways anymore. For the last couple of years it's been my only vehicle.

I ride every chance I get. I kinda slowed down on riding to work because I don't like cleaning all the ash/dirt from my bike every time I get home. I also fear the coal trucks as they blow by. As long as it's above freezing I will venture out. I love the clean cold air as freezes the boogers on my mustache. If I had to wait until it was 73 degrees, I would only ride about 10 days a year.

Ill ride if the temp is 35 or higher outside , but not @ night lol . rode last saterday and was out past dark and it got down past 30 on my way home , all the melt off we had that day was freezing on my ride back to the crib and i about biffed it more than once. and top speed was 35 mph any faster and i think id have lost my ears and nose to frostbite. but if i can keep the bike up going down the lane from the house to the clear road ill ride, i plan on riding in the morning . news said it was going to get up to 38 on monday and its my day off. im riding . and i dont like to ride in the rain , but i will if im out and run into it .I look at riding in the cold like this. ive sat for 6 hr 20 ft up a tree with the wind blowing 15 mph and the temp with the wind chill would be -10 to-15 to shot a deer , than i can ride on a 40 degree day with no problem LOL i just need to fig out how to add a bow holder to my sporty come this fall

Not yet! I bought the bike and the weather just stays lousy! One snow after another...:bigsmiley29:

Things look better for this weekend!:bigsmiley12:

I thought it might be interesting to see when most people Ride.

For Work?

Evenings

Weekends?

Special Events?

Vote for as many choices as apply to you.

List your favorite here in a reply post.

You need to have a catagory "when I'm awake" :D

I work for the DoD overseas and come out for a 30 day R&R every 3 months. Last time home I was on one of my scoots every day of the 30. hehe was only in a car 3 times the whole R&R.

FB

Been reading the post for awhile, thought I better add my 2 bobs worth.
OK I ride when I am not at work or sleeping.

Whenever I can up here in VT. If the roads are dry in the winter and the temp is over 45.Isn't happening this year.Still wrenching the new front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back