free website stats program What would you guys do? Very bad dealer experience | Harley Davidson Forums

What would you guys do? Very bad dealer experience

Jdsmitty10

Last Saturday I had the dealer pick my bike up after the new wheel install for them to check it over and check belt tension and alignment. They send me home and the tire rubbed te fender. Turned out the hub was wrong, had a new hub shipped from hog pro to them. They installed the new hub which fixed the tire being off center. I old them their was a 1/4" pulley spacer which needed to stay on the set up. They pulled the hub but the spacer stuck to it so they thought it was part of hub. They ride my bike around for me to take it home and tell me the belt is rubbing the tire buT it should be alright. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!?! So I look and see they didn't put the pulley spacer on. Even sent them a 3/8 spacer too just in case. U mean to tell me the dealer Techs are this moronic??!?!?? Uh duh, the belt is hitting the tire, maybe a spacer should be added between pulley and wheel.

Sorry for the book but needed to vent..

I now have 180 bucks tied up and two major mistakes made by Harley service.

What would you guys be doing? Talk to manager and get all money back? They risked my life once by sending me home with the tire rubbing.

Need some input before I go to FINALLY get my bike tomorrow

Thanks in advance...
WAP.gif

What would you guys be doing? Talk to manager and get all money back? They risked my life once by sending me home with the tire rubbing.

Need some input before I go to FINALLY get my bike tomorrow

Thanks in advance...

I would go for the owner and jack him up in the parking lot :s

Then explain that he has to make it right doing anything he has to do out of HIS pocket being they messed your bike up.
Don't settle for anything less.

Actually I would choose to get my money back and go elsewhere.

Then explain that he has to make it right doing anything he has to do out of HIS pocket being they messed your bike up.

What the Boss said and follow up with a phone call to The MOCO, they used to rate the dealers on a point system, too many complaints and they get involved

How close do you live to another dealer? I doubt your going to get much satisfaction from this dealer. With the initial problem being missed it tells me no one checks any work that leaves the shop. With the last go around and the belt rubbing I'm sure that they will only tell you that it is the aftermarket parts that were to blame. I don't think they are going to stand behind their work. Don't get agrivated, get even, you can list the dealer on the dealers I would'n reccomend thread. 42000+ members plus their friends.

I agree with glider, jack and HDDon. You have given this dealer 2 chances and they have failed both times. I would demand my $ back and find a new dealer or Indy that knows what they are doing and appreciates my business.

And then rip em :D

You do know Jack dont you:p

Thanks for the suggestions. I will speak to the manager or owner today AFTER I am sure the bike is done. I am still in disbelief they were ok with the tire hitting the belt and that Brain dead to think maybe there needs to be a spacer...
WAP.gif

Back