free website stats program What would you guys do? Very bad dealer experience | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What would you guys do? Very bad dealer experience

I would speak to the service manager first, then the manager of the shop and then the owner! If I received no satisfaction (or If I did) I would post their name here. Then I would find another shop if I didn't like their responses.:(

At the cost of time at the dealer you would expect good quality work
Definatley find a new dealer as they will brand you a trouble maker for not being happy with incompetant work which could have endangerd your life

Brian

Ya I feel bad going in and being a (EDIT) . But I think something needs to be said to a manager
WAP.gif

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with all these answers you could file a complaint with the BBB and also threaten to call Attorney General because they wanted to put you back on the road with an unsafe bike. This is one of the reasons I hate to take my bike anywhere to get it workd on, I haven't found anyone that I absolutly trust. One of the local dealers here has a sign in their sevice dept. that says "Asolutely No Guarntee On Performance Work" . I never bothered to ask what all that covered just made up my mind to buy as little as possible there. If you stretched that to fullest extent that could even mean that if they mounted Metzlers instead of Dunlops that they wouldn't stand behind their work.

That's unbelievable!! I would talk to the service manager, the general manager and then the owner. I would want all my money back and enough to pay for a competent shop to fix it properly. If you would have been hurt the law suit would have been expensive for them. The I would post here in the bad dealer section. After all that I would tell everyone who will listen about the dealer and your experience. And I would never go back to that dealer.

Sad story indeed but somehow it does not surprise me. Taking non-HD parts to a HD dealership was not the best thing to do. I probably would have looked for an local Indy where I could talk face to face with the guy who actually does the work. Dealerships have too many rules (service writers, glass windows, insurance signs) to keep customers out of direct contact with the mechanics.

As Glider says, best thing would be getting as much money back and going elsewhere.

Some times a call to the customer relations center will help. I once had a chevy that had trans trouble. The dealer fixed it but two days later my wife had a breakdown on the freeway. She called cust svc and they called the dealer who made it right. May not do in this case but can't hurt to try. I'm with others who say find a different dealer, and talk, talk, talk to others about this shop. Word of mouth can go a long way in helping others avoid trouble with a business.

Did they get it correct this time?
I'd want a new belt and tire since they "rubbed" and be done with them.

Did they get it correct this time?
I'd want a new belt and tire since they "rubbed" and be done with them.
Ya they FINALLY got it right. Rode it home today, everything seems good to go. I will be checking the torque and stuff since I have a hard time trusting their work now. Sent a letter to the owners. If they don't do anything, MOCO will be contacted.

Thanks everyone for the input.
WAP.gif

Ya they FINALLY got it right. Rode it home today, everything seems good to go. I will be checking the torque and stuff since I have a hard time trusting their work now. Sent a letter to the owners. If they don't do anything, MOCO will be contacted.

Thanks everyone for the input.
WAP.gif

Do contact the MOCO, I had a bad problem with the local dealer in 97 I contacted the MOCO through my sales man @ TCHD in Minnesota, The MOCO was not happy with the local dealer here in Florida and I got pretty good deals and an apology to boot Stand your ground JMO

Back