free website stats program What tires do you suggest ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What tires do you suggest ?

I have been very happy with my stock lops.
So far only about 15000 miles and still look good.

This is good to hear, 15000 miles BUT would you re-CHECK your back one and let me know HOW MUCH IS LEFT?

I usually get 2 rear tires to one front when needed to replace stock OEM's...

signed....BUBBIE

I am curious to know how much in labor you guys are paying to have a dealer or indy mount tires ?

My indy charges an hour $70.00 to mount tires he sells, his prices for the tires are very competitive.

The local dealer is now advertising tire mounting at $55.00, but his price for tires is full retail.

If a person was to find tires elsewhere (via. internet), it's not really cost savings b/c you pay to have them shipped & then hand-over to shop for install. I know some service dealerships won't install any parts (including tires) unless they source & provide. I'm w/everyone on gett the tires fm HD & mine usually hold until one of the scheduled service windows so there's a break in some of the labor costs.

Good Luck!

Having never seen an hd dealer i dont go there and my nearest motorcycle shops wont do any work on harleys cos their tools dont fit and the mechanic thinks they are tractors however some of the car tyre places will do motorcycle tyres
But i get mine from the internet and fit them myself still using a breezer tyre tool i bought in 1980

Brian

i'm thinking of replacing my oem tires on my 07 rk to michellin commanders Are these tires suitable for my bike and how do they compare with the dunlops and the metzelers?

I still like the dunlops softer, but they hold the road good

right now, there is not much of a choice for the big touring bikes. if you have the 180/65-16 rear you might find michelin....but if you wait a few weeks Metzler will be offering the touring tires.180/65-16 and 130/80-17. just got their email yesterday. i switched and have 15k on the front of my 01 rk. rear has 9k but i had a blowout on pa tpk at 6k. good ride, excellent wet handling. rode to va in june w/ heavily laden 2 up bike. poured like crazy, no problems. i will switch out the oem real soon on the ultra. 1k on these. just more money than brains i guess.

With a penny in the tread it just cover the hair on his head.
Ninty nine percent of my rideing is all highway if this helps.

Stock Dunlops are cheep and last a long time. Good on water and hot pavement equally. Great for burnouts when worn out.

Back