free website stats program What' the best for me? - Dyna model 2k9 - | Harley Davidson Forums

What' the best for me? - Dyna model 2k9 -

elias1974

Hi Guys,
i'm from Italy, i own a Wonderful Xl 1200 Custom, but...i'd like to UPGRADE to a Big Twin.

I LOVE Dyna FAT BOB and STREET BOB. My question is: what's the best choice for me?

I'm 5,68 feet (173 centimeters) tall and 154 lbs (69 kilograms).

I'm afraid i'll not be able to reach well the forward Fat Bob controls (in europe we don't have the mid pegs option...).

I'm afraid wheight of Fat bob is too much for a person like me.

so, maybe, it's better to go with a Street Bob...

What do you think?

Please, give me Your opinion since i'd like to buy a big twin as soon as possible...

THANK YOU ALL!

As is usually suggested take a test ride or rent one, worth the investment. I'm obviously biased by the Street Bob, but I also love the Fat Bob.

More about comfort than anything else, weight will be a non-issue, they are both good sized bikes that handle well. Then ask yourself, will you ride two-up at all, if so the Fat Bob may be a better option, else you'll be paying to up the Street Bob for that. To each their own, I love my SB. Test ride, test ride, test ride.

What' the best for me? Heritage Classic or Sportster

Hi Folks,

I just completed the Rider's Edge training course after not riding since the mid 70's. I'm 66 years old 5' 10" and 175lbs and want to buy a Harley. I really like the looks and style of the Heritage Classic, but wonder if it might be too much bike for me as I have not ridden for such a long time. Would I be better off starting off with the Sportster? Thanks

As is usually suggested take a test ride or rent one, worth the investment. I'm obviously biased by the Street Bob, but I also love the Fat Bob.

More about comfort than anything else, weight will be a non-issue, they are both good sized bikes that handle well. Then ask yourself, will you ride two-up at all, if so the Fat Bob may be a better option, else you'll be paying to up the Street Bob for that. To each their own, I love my SB. Test ride, test ride, test ride.
Hi bwalsh22.
Test ride. Yeah test ride.
Here in Italy it's not that easy my friend. Harley dealers haven't much bikes, and most important, they have less test bikes. I asked my "official dealer" and they said to me: "Oh, sorry, but we don't have a Fat Bob to test ride, we maybe have a softail to try...then they are not to different!". Thank You (I said).
Otherwise i won't have asked you such an easy question. Test ride would be so easy...
Thank You anyway!

What about rental is that available?

Based on Hobbit though, it sounds like the SB would be the best bet for you. You won't regret it.

Rent different models and try them out! I would think any of the Dyna would be good, if height is an issue go for the low rider

No low rider in europe, sorry.

Rental is the same. You can rent only certain kinds of bikes. Not fat Bob yet...

Harley Bosses kindly missed to give us the mid peg option. No such option for europe. Lazy boys...

Mr Brian Walsh wrote to me:
From a Sportster to it, from what I have heard, it is much more
balanced, not as top heavy. But it is a heavier bike overall, so I am
sometimes still a bit nervous in the parking lots (not sure if that is
my inexperience or just the bike). However, on the windy mountain
roads I love it. I'm not the type to look for speeding into a corner,
but it does take them nicely, handles great through the turns and very
comfortable. Hobbit on the forum just turned in his Buell for an 09,
he is more of a turn squeeler, so you could check with him, since he
had a Nightster prior to Buell and the Bob too.

Hope that helps,

Brian

So, i'm asking to Hobbit: is definetly the Street Bob a good andling bike? I had A LOT of fun with my XL 1200 Custom also riding and cornering on mountain roads. Will be as easer as the 1200 Custom i have? Maybe better?

Thank You VERY MUCH, Mr Hobbit.

Yes Great Hobbit, give us your review!!! :D

I've decided, and next week i'll go to the dealer to order my Street Bob. I'd really appreciate your opinion, since you came from a sportster like me and i wouldn't like to regret my sportster once given away.

Your review Will be absolutly appreciated! :D

Cheers Hobbit!

Elias1974

Back