free website stats program What' the best for me? - Dyna model 2k9 - | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What' the best for me? - Dyna model 2k9 -

Re: What' the best for me? Heritage Classic or Sportster

Hi Folks,

I just completed the Rider's Edge training course after not riding since the mid 70's. I'm 66 years old 5' 10" and 175lbs and want to buy a Harley. I really like the looks and style of the Heritage Classic, but wonder if it might be too much bike for me as I have not ridden for such a long time. Would I be better off starting off with the Sportster? Thanks
Welcome back to two wheels GF! Take enough time and test rides to select what feels most comfortable to you. I went smaller after a 30 year break, 'til I regained my confidence and retrained my muscles and reflexes but traded on a WideGlide after less than two years.

Thanx alot Hobbit.

Bought a Street Bob 2k9. Signed out contract officially today.

A lot of extras.

Thanx also for your review.

See You.

Does Harley Davidson sponsor HD Demo Day's in Europe like they do here in the states? It was influential in changing my mind about what to get as my first HD.

I'm short at 5'3" and weigh only 133 lbs. Currently commuting on a small 250 learners bike, I was dead set on upgrading to a Sportster 1200N as an interim step up to a Dyna.

I took advantage of the HD Demo Days at a local dealer. There were about 12 different bikes to try out. We rode on surface and freeway's for about 11 miles and could try a different model every 30 minutes. I first tried the Nightster and found it surprisingly small and cramped. I decided to try a Street Bob, Fat Bob and Rocker. I couldn't believe how nimble the Dyna's felt. The FXDB handled as lightly as my metric 250 with obvious exceptions like steadfast stability at highway speeds, gobs more power and the unmistakeable sound of the Harley big twin. I went home thoroughly convinced that this time next year I'll be a Street Bob owner.

Take it from a 5'3", 133 pounder, don't be intimidated by the weight of the Dyna. Once you are rolling, weight does not adversely affect handling, rather it seems to enhances it.

Just my 2 Cents worth.

New 2009 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob
As you can see it has been restyled to enhance its “bobber” and “raw-boned” street performance look. More blacked-out features, a lower profile front fender, a higher chopped rear fender topped with a curved retro LED light, new laced wheels with gloss black rims, a re-designed solo seat, a silver-face speedometer with fuel range read-out, a new fuel sender are the main 09 introduced features and take the Dyna platform to a new old school “garage engineering” style. To also notice are new Straight Cut Chrome Staggered Shorty Dual exhaust, 160 mm-17 rear / 100 mm-19 front tires, 4.8-gallon Fat Bob fuel tank, mini ape-hanger-style handlebar, a 29-degree fork angle, a wrinkle-black console, battery cover and belt guard mid-mount foot controls. Available are optional anodized aluminum profile laced wheels and a ‘Smart Security Systembox’

Attachments

• harleystreetbob.jpg
    harleystreetbob.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 17
Elias74, I'm waiting for my Street Bob I bought last Friday in Rome.
Unfortunately the needed documents weren't ready today so I have to wait next week to get the bike... but it's raining, so it's somehow better this way! :s
I have a XL1200R Sportster Roadster I bought just 4 months ago, but I soon realized I needed a bigger bike.
I think the Street Bob is the "Nightster" of Dyna family, so as the Night Train is the "Nightster" of Softail family...
It's a minimalist bike you can upgrade during time, and embeds all the characters of Harley Davidson: low, fat, big engine, important handlebar and the right touch of naughtiness...:s
I read many comments over the Internet about the 2009 model where the purists almost despised the gray color of the engine and where others were enthusiast of the new style.
I agree with the latter and even though I wasted few thousands of Euros in the quick change of a brand new bike :)cry) I'm sure I made the right choice!

BTW, the bike is black denim and I bought additional lights and a windshield.

Hope to meet you around...

Ciao
Ugo

Back