free website stats program What say you?? | Harley Davidson Forums

What say you??

Lobo1

I installed new hydraulic cam tensioners, guides etc in my 2005 FLHTCI this past April. Now I am seriously thinking about putting a set of cams in to pep the motor up a little as a project this winter. This is my first Twin Cam, I have owned and rode Shovels and Evo’s since 1976. Like I said, I want to pepper it up a little but I don’t want to have to do a bunch of work on the heads etc if there is a set of cams available with enough lift and duration without including extra head work. I know I will get the best advice here so,,,,, What say you.
Also what all is involved in converting to gear drive to elinate the chains, tensioners, guides etc?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions, advice and thoughts.

I installed new hydraulic cam tensioners, guides etc in my 2005 FLHTCI this past April. Now I am seriously thinking about putting a set of cams in to pep the motor up a little as a project this winter. This is my first Twin Cam, I have owned and rode Shovels and Evo’s since 1976. Like I said, I want to pepper it up a little but I don’t want to have to do a bunch of work on the heads etc if there is a set of cams available with enough lift and duration without including extra head work. I know I will get the best advice here so,,,,, What say you.
Also what all is involved in converting to gear drive to elinate the chains, tensioners, guides etc?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions, advice and thoughts.
211 cams worked fine on my 06 Road King.
Noticeable power-band difference from Eastern NC flatlands / coastal area to NC mountains.

S E 211’s if I’m not mistaken are mid range powerband ??? Do you notice any change in low end torque?

Hey Jeff, what cam works best in a 2007 flhtci with stage one ? Friend is selling his 07 classic for cheap.

Get a hold of dolt here on the forum, he'll have the right combo for what your looking for.
Hey Jeff, what cam works best in a 2007 flhtci with stage one ? Friend is selling his 07 classic for cheap.

I was hoping @dolt would be in here this evening. Hopefully he will be soon.
Also, I failed to mention in my original post, I also installed Stage 1 in it back in June of this year.

The 211's worked fine up in hill and mountain country for my needs.

That’s exactly why I was asking. I do a lot of riding in the North Georgia mountains. Miles and miles of twisting curvy roads in those mountains.

Back