free website stats program What kind of cage do you drive? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of cage do you drive?

I drive a '63 vette, a 68 Cobra GT and a '08 Viper. oh wait a second, I'm Dave in St. lou not DaveinPA. I drive an '08 Nissan Frontier and a '02 Mazda Tribute.

Currently, my Heritage is my daily driver as my 1994 Ford F-150 XLT has blown a head gasket. The top end rebuild is in the early stages with stuff being dismantled and a used set of 302 heads being rebuilt as I type. I need to hurry up and get it done, its getting cold, wet, and nasty here in Northern Virginia....

Later,
2002SilverSurfer

Attachments

• 172563_520.jpg
    172563_520.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 172564_520.jpg
    172564_520.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 5
My DD is a llifted 99 Grand Cherokee, for towin- lifted 02 F350 crewcab shortbed dually, for fun - 71 big block Camaro. The wife drives a 05 Caddy CTS-V

I have a custom made "road sled" pulled by a 3 dog team. My lead team dog is my avatar...

I know it's not a cage. But, it's my favorite mode of transportation. It beats my MV, Ducati, and all my Harleys hands down!

Run fast, Run Silent, Run Malamutes!

Hobbit, did you get that "mini van"?

Sled Dog, I think you got the best ride so far, not very practical here in SoCal, 'narry a snowball in sight (it was 90 deg this weekend and the fires were fifty miles from us in either direction). But I am sure over the holidays a real road sled w/a dog team would also be a favorite of all those folks who have a White Christmas...our Harleys bedded down and chesnuts roasting on an open fire...:newsmile033:

Last edited:
Sled Dog, I think you got the best ride so far, not very practical here in SoCal, 'narry a snowball in sight (it was 90 deg this weekend and the fires were fifty miles from us in either direction). But I am sure over the holidays a real road sled w/a dog team would also be a favorite of all those folks who have a White Christmas...our Harleys bedded down and chesnuts roasting on an open fire...:newsmile033:

THANKS!

No snow here in Florida either... I used to run dog teams when I lived in NH. So I have been doing this for quite a while. I did not have the resources to do it for most of my Military career, except in California.. I managed to get stationed at a base for more then 12 months so I got back into the sport. I built my first road sled when statoned at Travis AFB. Made for quite a sight going thru the gates to get on and off the base!

This sled is 3 wheeled with no runners. It has a disc brake system to slow the sled plus a parking brake (it also has a foot board brake I use when off road). I use it on both the road and off road. With the holiday season fast approaching I'm prepping for some of the local Christmas parades....

I put antlers and jingle bells on the dogs (the small stuffed cloth one you can get at places like Petsmart). Decorate the sled and I dress my 2 nieces, ages 6 and 7, up as elfs and have them ride in the sled. I put on an Indian Jones type get up, (no Santa's allowed except for the one that rides in the fire truck at the end. Don't want to confuse the the young ones.) It makes for some great fun.

The next 2 days, here in Florida, will be great for running the team. Morning temperatures in the 30's and 40's. The dogs just love to run in that kind of weather...

Wow, that's great SledDog, I have friends that have a road sled they use with their huskies here in Ohio. Fun to see 'em pull.

I'm currently operating a 1998 Miata -- from when I thought I shouldn't ride motorcycles anymore, but that changed this year.

And for the nasty snowy weather, a 2007 Subaru Legacy. Need it here in Ohio. The saying is, "If you don't like the weather here, wait 10 minutes, it'll change." Never know what we're going to get around here.

Heck, Hurricane Ike came through this September -- split a tree in my backyard, uprooted another in the front, and took part of my roof!

(Did any of you crazy people get caught riding that day?)

THANKS!

No snow here in Florida either... I used to run dog teams when I lived in NH. So I have been doing this for quite a while. I did not have the resources to do it for most of my Military career, except in California.. I managed to get stationed at a base for more then 12 months so I got back into the sport. I built my first road sled when statoned at Travis AFB. Made for quite a sight going thru the gates to get on and off the base!

This sled is 3 wheeled with no runners. It has a disc brake system to slow the sled plus a parking brake (it also has a foot board brake I use when off road). I use it on both the road and off road. With the holiday season fast approaching I'm prepping for some of the local Christmas parades....

I put antlers and jingle bells on the dogs (the small stuffed cloth one you can get at places like Petsmart). Decorate the sled and I dress my 2 nieces, ages 6 and 7, up as elfs and have them ride in the sled. I put on an Indian Jones type get up, (no Santa's allowed except for the one that rides in the fire truck at the end. Don't want to confuse the the young ones.) It makes for some great fun.

The next 2 days, here in Florida, will be great for running the team. Morning temperatures in the 30's and 40's. The dogs just love to run in that kind of weather...

"--foot brake when off road...Do you have mud tires & raised suspension too for those "off road" sorties...? :bigsmiley24: Gotta love it!

Oh...forgot, '03 Honda CRV & '02 Toyota Tachoma...'93 Ford Ranger is with my daughter...all run like tops!

Last edited:
Back