what air cleaner ?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by catfishon, Aug 18, 2010.

1. catfishon

catfishon Member

want to finish up my stage 1 .
    whats the best a/c for under $250 ?
    any help appreciated.

2. LarryC08

LarryC08 Active Member

I have an SE stage1, but a friend has an K&N and he is real happy with it...
    Good luck with your choose, you may like the K&N cuz of the price!!

Take care and ride safe eh!!!:D

3. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

I like the SE, i think it was $ 150.

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Also depends on the style you're looking for (round, oval, velocity tube, etc.). I preferred more of the round look & went w/LA Choppers xXx breather - suited my needs & was under $200 (bought on DennisKirk).

Attached Files:

5. Grillfish

Grillfish Junior Member

I have the Ness Big Sucker stage 1. I'm starting to see some oil seapage on one of the ears that attach to the heads near the breather bolts. I'm also seeing some more than usuall oil in the filter so I'm thinking the design is off slightly or the o-rings have shifted slightly. I've had it for 1.5 yrs now. I may change to K&N, V&H or SE and use the stock oval cover.

I can tell you one thing, I put the Ness AC on before my pipes (had the TFI on already) and when I rolled on the throttle the sucking sound of the AC was awesome. Once I put pipes on, I couldn't hear anything except the pipes!!

Good luck!

6. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

I went with the flo-mo used on ebay 110. cycle visions....its different...

7. chopper75

chopper75 Member

i like the heavy breather but it is 299.00

8. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

Had SE stage1 A/C upgrade on my 2000 FXDL and ran great. Just put on my new V&H slip on pipes and the A/C is next!

9. Tramp60

Tramp60 Member

I put the K&N high flow breather on my 07' FLHTC. Check this out. my dealer actually saved me some money by selling me the backing plate, breather tubes and k&n filter seperately. Using the stock breather can, $135.00

10. wildman9

wildman9 Active Member

I had the Ness Big Sucker stage 1, but replaced it with the HD heavy breather - much happier now