waterless washing

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by gunnut, May 10, 2011.

1. gunnut

gunnut Junior Member

Hi all,I'm posting this here cause I like my glide to gleam,and I didnt know where else to go.So...has any of you got experience with the cleaning stuff above,and which of these three-greased lightning,hogswipe,and autobright exel??Which give more bang for your buck?Thank you peeps,much appreciated

2. Sunnysideup

Sunnysideup Junior Member

I'm into Lemon Pledge. Guess they would have it there.....not sure.

3. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Be careful, nothing with clorine... I prefer Pledge "Clean & Shine" in the orange can... :D

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

If you think about the "waterless washing" it's like rubbing the dirt into the paint which would be much like using sandpaper. I was given a sample to try and after I read the instructions, I gave it back.

5. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

I've used this stuff for a couple of years and it's great Griots waterless cleaner It's gentle and does a good job even on dirt that is hard,. I got the green microfiber towels to use with it and finish the job with Pledge.

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Amen in triplicate.:s I only wipe my bike immediately after washing. Once it has been on the road for even a short distance, my opinion is that there is grit on the surface. I work too hard getting the spiderwebs and swirls out of the clear coat to wipe more in.

7. 09RGlideKY

09RGlideKY Active Member

I have not cleaned any bikes I have had in recent history with water.

I have a duster I run over the whole bike with first, then I lightly wipe it with a microfiber cloth, then I either use pledge or wax. I have not had any issues with paint.

8. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

With the stuff I collect on my bike like Love bugs and road grime, I would never go waterless. I guess maybe if you rode in perfect weather all the time, only maybe. I ride everyday. Yes, everyday.

Bodeen

9. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

First I use the California Duster and then Pledge orange with a microfiber clothe and that's all I need.

10. wilks3

wilks3 Junior Member

Any spray on carnuba (sp?) type is good. Most auto zone type stores carry it. I also use feather duster, or blow off with compressed air, first, spray and wipe with micro-fiber cloth. I like the Turtle Wax Ice, no residue at all.
    wilks3
    :USA