free website stats program waterless washing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

waterless washing

I use the wax that Harley sells. It is formulated for their paint. I hose the bike off first then wash it down with Harley's wash. Use a leaf blower set on hight to blow kist about all the water off. Then I wax it. I also used Lemon Pledge for when I just don't want to do the washing. My paint is still glossy after 23 years so I must be doing some thing right.

Waterless washing = fine grit sandpaper & definitely marrs clearcoat (unless bike's denim). JMO, waterless isn't all it's advertised to be, unless you don't care how the bike finish looks. Always rinse first...JMO.

I don't see much differece, if caution is used. You can never rinse all the dirt off with water, so you must be collecting the dirt on the soapy cloth just like a dry cloth when you start to rub. I just lightly remove the dust with a dry cloth and then use a spray type cleaner or pledge to clean the surface. I have never seen any scratches but I also have 500 coats of wax on everything. If I have mud or dirt then I use the hose.

I just don't like all the many places that water can get into and is hard to get out.

Back