free website stats program water dripping from left muffler | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

water dripping from left muffler

I wouldsay clamp is not sealing and it's condensation leaking out is it still under warranty? If so get the dealer to pull muffler and check joint fur round ness and get a new clamp on it
WAP.gif

FLIPBEL - yes to Hobbit's reply too. First, check w/dealer on warranty fix so it's 100% covered. If not, check clamp & pipe ends for roundness - re-seat, seal w/HT silicone & torque to spec. There shouldn't be any water drips from this joint.

In my opinion I would rather have the condensation drip on the floor than sit in the muffler and potentially have it rust prematurely.

all exhaust emits water, it is a byproduct of combustion. can't stop it. that's why you see steam in the winter coming out of the exhaust.:)

Funny thing about the internal combustion engine, a by product of combustion is moisture usually more visible on colder mornings, too bad the MOCO cant figure a drain hole like a lot of car exhaust systems have

thanks to all, got issue solved. i undid the clamp, tugged the pipe a bit, redid the clamp and problem solved.

thanks again

thanks to all, got issue solved. i undid the clamp, tugged the pipe a bit, redid the clamp and problem solved.

thanks again
Amazing how simple some things are when you put your mind to it.
Really ain't rocket science,huh? Glad you got the problem resolved.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.:TEXAS

Back