free website stats program WARNING..Death Wobble at 85 MPH | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

WARNING..Death Wobble at 85 MPH

I can also second that, I had them on my bike and one morning on the way to work on the parkway both tires went flat and I was stuck on the side of the road with two flat tires and both valve caps were blown off, I was coming out of the toll plaza accelerating when this happened and luckily not up to full speed yet, but still a scary experience, I went back to advance auto where I bought them and got my money back, I also have no clue as to why they blew off, but these should probaly be posted in the what never to put on a bike section.

good to hear you guys all made it out ok, glad to hear you sharing and spreading the wisdom gained.

"WOW" :(That was the next toy I was going to put on the bike.................NOT NOW,, Glad your ok,, and THANKS for giving us all a heads up. Tim

SileradoSteve,

THANKS I'm sure,from All who read your thread!!!

You may have SAVED a few Biker Lives by Posting the problem you found!...

Like Many said,,, they were About to add these to their HD list!!!!!!!

Thank you again ! ! !!! ! !
signed....BUBBIE

I have looked at these in the past but never actually put them on my bike...now I never will. Thanks for the post.

I did put the plastic valve extensions on my bike trailer once. Put my golf clubs in the trailer and rode to the driving range. When I went to leave, one of the trailer tires was flat. Luckily I carry a small 12 volt compressor. Those valve extension are also on my "never use" list.

Guys, Longer stems are a no no. Had one on my rear and at high speed they hit the brake caliper from centrifugal force. Loosened the core and leaked air.
Had a flat on next stop.
Replaced with stock HD one at first chance.
Learned a lesson that day.

Barney Biker
07 EG

Actually the shorter the stem but still able to service the better. Less chance of damage and pitch the plastic caps your tires stems typically come with and replace with metal one with proper o-ring seal. Also doesn't hurt to get the proper wrench to make sure the internal valve is snug...pretty basic stuff, but slow leaks can cause big time problems.

Back