free website stats program want better A/C to go with new exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

want better A/C to go with new exhaust

retgi

I just ordered the V&H Power Duals with the High Output mufflers for my 10' SG. After hearing all the clips I could find I finally settled on these. I'll most likely order TFI but haven't decided yet on which air cleaner to get. I like some of the Kuryakyns but I'm open to suggestions for some others. This is my first Harley so I'm not that familiar with what's available and don't want to spend too much more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

If you are looking for performance air flow and filtering you can't go wrong with HD's Screaming Eagle, Heavy Breather or one of the offerings from D&M. Coupled with K&N filters, you have a combination that is hard to beat. Both are a little pricey and you might be able to find their style in a lesser expensive brand. Just make sure you can use K&N filters in what ever you choose. Just my opinion........

I think The SE oval, to replace the stock is $ 150, the SE heavy breather is $300 which will give you more air in

So i guees it is up to you to decide how much you want to spend. And what look you want

Just finished my stage 1, pipes TFI and the HD screamin eagle ac with K&N filter, and I am very happy with the outcome.

I have the same pipes and slip on's on my 2010 Ultra Limited. I went with a Power Commander V and a high flow air filter from K&N and I am very happy. I bought the AC and PC-V from Fuel Moto. They pre-programed the PC-V prior to shipping. The install for both the PC-V and AC was a snap, just understand that you will never get the ECM Unit in the area in front of the battery. I tucked the PC-V in there and placed the ECM flat ontop of the battery cover. This seems to be working out great.

I'm an older guy and don't race or care too much for the racy looking air cleaners. I just want some better air along with the new pipes and TFI. I can't seem to find the SE oval anywhere. Is there another name for it?

I'm an older guy and don't race or care too much for the racy looking air cleaners. I just want some better air along with the new pipes and TFI. I can't seem to find the SE oval anywhere. Is there another name for it?

just "food for thought" here ,but I put on the Arlen Ness A/C and kept the HD football cover.

I bought the AC and PC-V from Fuel Moto. They pre-programed the PC-V prior to shipping. The install for both the PC-V and AC was a snap....
That is one option and Jamie at Fuel Moto will provide lifetime free maps if you purchase the PCV from them. FM has great customer service.

The other option, like others said, the SE AC (either regular using stock AC cover or the heavy breather) + TFI and you can't go wrong. TFI has a section on this website if you run into problems or have questions and they also have great customer service.

I have then Ness Big Sucker and TFI w/ my V&H mufflers, and she runs great. Not as hot and I'm still getting a solid 39-42 mpg.

Ride safe and have fun.

Back