free website stats program want better A/C to go with new exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

want better A/C to go with new exhaust

I prefer the old school look too & went w/LA Choppers xXx intake. Got mine on sale @ DennisKirk.com for under $200 - really like the look & performance...might be worth a look.

Attachments

• LA-XXX_Intake.jpg
    LA-XXX_Intake.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 27
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I just ordered the Kuryakyn Street Sleeper. It retains the stock look and comes with the K&N and got for $136.

I recently put on V&H Dresser Duals with Monster Ovals, Power Commander III and the K&N Filter kit (RK3910). It uses the stock A/C cover. Since I got the thicker element (2- 1/4” vice 1-5/8”) there is a slight gap behind the cover.

The complete filter kit was $119.

If you PM me I’ll send you links to the vendors I ordered from (all free shipping). I’ll try to post pics of the A/C gap.

Last edited by a moderator:
just "food for thought" here ,but I put on the Arlen Ness A/C and kept the HD football cover.

That is one option and Jamie at Fuel Moto will provide lifetime free maps if you purchase the PCV from them. FM has great customer service.

The other option, like others said, the SE AC (either regular using stock AC cover or the heavy breather) + TFI and you can't go wrong. TFI has a section on this website if you run into problems or have questions and they also have great customer service.

I have then Ness Big Sucker and TFI w/ my V&H mufflers, and she runs great. Not as hot and I'm still getting a solid 39-42 mpg.

Ride safe and have fun.

+3 on the Ness Big Sucker and the original cover.

Bodeen

i read somewhere, can't remember where, that the se filter was a completely different element design than k&n's. besides never needing oiling, the article stated that the se flowed more air than did the k&n. i'm not downing the k&n line, as i have them in all my cars and in my bonneville, too. just repeating what i read on the se comparison. i'm using the se on my rg and it works well w the rush exhaust. tom

I guess that since your an older guy you have different wants and needs when it pertains to riding. I'm curious as to what age is a fellow considered an older guy. ha ha

I guess that since your an older guy you have different wants and needs when it pertains to riding. I'm curious as to what age is a fellow considered an older guy. ha ha

We would have to consult Glider on this one:p

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I just ordered the Küryakyn Street Sleeper. It retains the stock look and comes with the K&N and got for $136.

Küryakyn Chrome/Alloy Cover with K&N Hi Flow Oiled/Reusable Element looks pretty good, performance also very good and a descent price...

tn530s3.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered the V&H Power Duals with the High Output mufflers for my 10' SG. After hearing all the clips I could find I finally settled on these. I'll most likely order TFI but haven't decided yet on which air cleaner to get. I like some of the Kuryakyns but I'm open to suggestions for some others. This is my first Harley so I'm not that familiar with what's available and don't want to spend too much more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

Can you tell me how it all worked out? My understanding is these slip ons are for high compression, high horsepower engines?
Just curious as I am lokking at a 10 SG also. Thanks.

Back