free website stats program VIN blockedby selling dealer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

VIN blockedby selling dealer

Working at dealer I have seen the factory rep remove warrty from bike and have also seen it happen in the car world. It can come from a situation where vehicle has been so damaged or has had inflicted damage and consumer is blaming it on a manufacturing defect. The manufacture then gets involved, through factory rep and possible engineer and based on their decision with the finding causing problem the can remove warrty from vehicle. In 25 years of the business I have seen this 3 times. So it is a very rare occurrence.

All I can say is sorry for your situation and it might be time to lawyer up. Start checking with local riders and see how many others in your area have been messed over by this dealers shoddy mechanical work if their have been at least 5 (I believe that is the minimum) you could be looking at a class action suit. If not then their is always straight up suing the dealership. I am thinking at least a new bike, pain and suffering (since you said that this was affecting your health), missed hours of work as well as riding time, family hardship. I am sure the lawyer would know all this. Maybe you could even get a lawyer pro-bono if thinks he will get something out of it. You may also try to get local papers involved or even pay to run your own article in paper about what is going on, a little bad publicty goes along way.
Keep us all in the loop this is going to be one to follow.
By the way you never mentioned where this dealer is located?

THE LATEST: called moco customer service line today. Mike's Famous and factory rep. Monty Banks have informed the moco that my bike was modified i.e. use of non approved fluids. the blocked vin will only allow service AFTER the servicing dealer contacts h-d with a request for warranty service. since my trans is off the list, i can get other stuff fixed only under the terms of h-d and the work is limited to only what is specifically authorized under the release.
the sales rep called and stated that any trade would be limited to $14k because of the problems i've had. looks like i lost $8k on this bike w/ 9k miles.
Watch yourselves and try to be a PC person. remember well, the warranty is only as good as the dealer. chose a nasty dealer and get burned.

What was the "non approved fluid" and what was it used in?

Bodeen

@ Bodeen- it was Redline Shockproof 75w140 and was used in the trans 10 ultra. unfortunately the trans was not filled to correct level. yes, i already contacted Redline last year and told them.

@ Glider- been there, done that. ever try to fight off a swarm of bees intent on stinging you. their product, their people, a lone voice in the wilderness. i am only one. their gm, the owner's 4 dealerships, the service personnel, and of course the almighty FACTORY REP = BIG$. me, just small 'taters. last year Rommel Motorsports post $10 million in sales. just sales. what do i spend at a dealership in a year $2k? maybe $3k in a big bonus year. just sayin'.

Sounds like the problem started with lack of fuild, the product itself did not cause the trans to go out. Does not make sense why they would void the warr on the trans.

Back