free website stats program VIN blockedby selling dealer | Harley Davidson Forums

VIN blockedby selling dealer

glimmerman

took the ultra to another dealer today for a consignment sale or possibly a trade in. had the charging system checked and found out the brakes were shot at 9k. VIN was blocked from H-D HQ. dealer will not take bike on consignment or trade. was told they risk their harley license if caught servicing bike. non-warranty warranty good til oct. 3 2011. now MIKE'S FAMOUS has prevented me from getting anything done or disposing of this service nightmare and people talk here about warranty service? extended warranties. just call a dealer out on poor workmanship and press the issue. this is the result. collusion between dealer and the moco. if the VIN stays blocked, i'm prevented from receiving NHTSA safety advisories or recalls. harley has washed their collective hands over this because of a stupid kid not filling a transmission. welcome to the new U.S.A. mediocrity is king. now i'm going for legal help.

Glimmerman, not sure if I am understanding what you mean by "blocked" if there is nothing wrong with the bike as the moco say's there is why would they be afraid to have a dealer resell it. Admittedly I have not read all of your post's on the many many problems you have had, but this one oh my,... they say there is nothing wrong with your bike yet prevent you from trading it in or selling it through a dealer? or are you saying you have to exclusively deal with the original dealership ? either way does the moco not realize this is America the land of the free. Do not the lemon laws apply to motorcycles as well? Sorry for your plight how do we help? Tim

i'm banned from the selling dealer's establishments. they have taken this course to prevent me from using the implied limited warranty and to keep me from trading anywhere. i don't know if the block will come off when my non-warranty expires or what but i'm calling on monday to hd hq to see what can be done.

=================================================

how to help? avoid dealing with nothern delaware dealers and the parent company, annapolis, md hd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glimmerman, like MyFirstHarley said what do you mean by blocked, your write up to many of us makes no sense. Are you saying that even though it is under warrenty they will not service the bike. This makes no sense to me. If this is the case and the MOCO is not willing to repair/service or allow you to trade your bike in, then I say it is time for a full out ride to the motor company with the bike in tow and every rider you can gather for a protest. After all isn't that what the warrenty is all about to cover design flaws and malfunctions.
I did a little research and near as I can tell the lemon law does not extend to motorcycles. But again the warrenty should cover all defects no matter how extensive.

when i went to the dealer they "run" the vin through the computer to check for service records, warranty work, outstanding recalls, etc. everything is computered to hd hq. they could not access my vin saying the requested info was blocked, access denied. no explanation to the requesting dealership. since this throws a red flag, they back off, not wanting to get involved. it goes back to the selling dealer's gm saying i would never get anything fixed on this bike under warranty. i didn't understand then but boy do i get it now.

merged posts

here again as i have stated numerous times in my quest for proper service. the motor company's WRITTEN policy in their handbook is that each dealer is an independently owned and operated business. they will not get involved in a dispute over poor or unqualified workmanship. it is the responsibility of the owner to resolve all workmanship issues at the dealer level. been going there since april 10 to august 10. will gladly email you a copy of the 3 page letter to hd. i got a 30 second phone call telling me its my poblem.

=================================================

@krow. 1k service and a bad trans. as a result. worked its way into an $800 teardown and re-assembly that went south in a hurry. re used gaskets and bolts. bolts not torqued. compensator cracked and galled. trans losing fluid. and me close to having a stroke or heart attack over a stress level thru the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:
just telling what was told to me. i will call hd on mon and report back as to what is going on. i only know what i was told by sales manager and service writer.

i'm banned from the selling dealer's establishments. they have taken this course to prevent me from using the implied limited warranty and to keep me from trading anywhere. i don't know if the block will come off when my non-warranty expires or what but i'm calling on monday to hd hq to see what can be done.

Why are you banned from the dealers establishments, and how does a "non-warranty" expire??? I've heard of a warranty expiring, but never a non-warranty. There has to be more to this story than we're being told here.

Have you tried the MOCO official site with your VIN, curious I have never heard of this, Let us know how this turns out

Back