free website stats program Victory Motorcycles | Harley Davidson Forums

Victory Motorcycles

IronKiwi

These have just been introduced in New Zealand.....how do people in the states feel about them? Are they regarded as a serious motorcycle? Can you turn up to a Harley rally on one?

Are they reliable?

I am not drawn to them as they look a bit Metric to me but interested to find how they have become positioned in the US market against H-D.

I don't think it's either good or bad. Just different!

I've test ridden a few and I like 'em! Lot's of power and torque. They don't handle too bad either.

Ugly arn't they. I wouldn't go to a all Harley event with one. They go like snot I don't think a Harley could catch one. Did I mention that they are UGLY

I have no problem with them. They have a kind of modern look to them...a little more sleek than a Harley, but I probably wouldn't buy one. I think the Vegas Jackpot is kinda cool looking, but their touring bikes are hideous!!!

They're a distant second favorite bike for me. Mostly because I'm from Minnesota and so is Polaris(who makes the Victories). I've never really looked at them close though.

They are USA made,have good resale,have a good service team,been around 10 years and counting,and would be great on any poker run...You might have to pay extra for a Harley event..:)...no one would look down!!

They're a distant second favorite bike for me. Mostly because I'm from Minnesota and so is Polaris(who makes the Victories). I've never really looked at them close though.

Victory - Polaris dealer closed down couple of months ago, was just down the street for the Harley dealer...:small3d014:

Jury's out on whether they are really a force to be reckon'd with or just an also ran...I think more of the latter :newsmile053:

The Indian...well it was and probably will remain that way...it's doors are somtimes open, but mostly closed at their place just down the road:newsmile07:

Last edited:
I know myself the Victory's must be a acquired style, because I really think that they are horrible looking. I have seen a few at some rallies and the guys that own them seem to like them, so I guess that is all that counts. I myself would own nothing other than a Harley, but I have to admit I really think that the Indian Vintage Chief is one beautiful bike. I would love to find a dealer and maybe take one for a spin. I am in the market for a Road King in the the next year or so, but the Indian has me intrigued..

I know myself the Victory's must be a acquired style, because I really think that they are horrible looking. I have seen a few at some rallies and the guys that own them seem to like them, so I guess that is all that counts. I myself would own nothing other than a Harley, but I have to admit I really think that the Indian Vintage Chief is one beautiful bike. I would love to find a dealer and maybe take one for a spin. I am in the market for a Road King in the the next year or so, but the Indian has me intrigued..

Looks like they are putting a Indian dealer in North Jersey...

I agree the Victory cycles are an aquried taste but the Indian has a little better styling IMO

Back