free website stats program Victory Motorcycles | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Victory Motorcycles

I've been seeing more and more of the Victories at events lately.The Jackpot is kinda nice but their descision to use Ness as their styling expert kinda sealed their fait IMO.Like most products made by Ness, you either love them or hate them.Personaly Ive yet to see a bike Arlen Ness was involved with that did anything for me.

I've been seeing more and more of the Victories at events lately.The Jackpot is kinda nice but their descision to use Ness as their styling expert kinda sealed their fait IMO.Like most products made by Ness, you either love them or hate them.Personaly Ive yet to see a bike Arlen Ness was involved with that did anything for me.

They should have used Mikey from OCC :D

You just hit the nail on the head....I had forgotten that Ness styling always turned me off too. People do turn their Harleys into customs that look like that but if you go to a rally you'll see that most folks are pretty conservative re bike styling.

Perhaps something a bit less radical with lots of custom goody options might have sold better.....??

Im in the market right now for a Road King. Victory really has nothing that floats my boat and their website pricing is NOT cheap.. If I was looking at that style bike Id just go metric & save a boatload of cash.

I sat on one. Did not like it at all. I don't like the way it looks. Plus why not by a car with all the crap they put on it. The Goldwing looks better, but I would not own a goldwing either.

I Love the Harley. Nothing else comes close.

I'm not a big fan of the Victory motorcycles. I don't care to much for the look of them. I have heard they are fast but my Harley is fast enough. Nothing compares to a Harley!

I all comes down to what you like...

That and it's kinda hard to get a fair evaluation of another brand on a Harley forum.

If you look at the majority of the comments, they are all thumbs down to the Victory and thumbs up for the Harley.

The "Cult of Personality" reins on what ever forum you are on.

Kinda like asking about Fords on a Chevy forum.

They keep trying to bring the Indian name back to life.
All a current Indian amount s to is a frame and S&S copy of a Hd engine with some sheet metal hung on it with a big price tag. It has nothing in common with Indian.
Take a look on the used market they can't give the things away.
You could buy a rolling frame and an engine build your own put your name on it for far less. Just MO.

Before the Indian died again, they had produced there own engine. They stopped using the S&S on some models the year before that happened.

The limited production run that's happening now is with this in house designed and produced "Bottle Cap" engine.

Smitty, you may want to update your info.....

Indian Motorcycle Home

And here's the info from Indian's FAQ about their motors...

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/AboutIndian/CompanyFAQ/tabid/105/Default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back