Victory motorcycles

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Biffy08, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Biffy08

Biffy08 Active Member

Can anyone provide thoughts, good and bad, regarding maintenance, durabilty, ride quality, resale, etc. of Victory motorcycles? In my opinion, nothing compares to most HD bikes!:D
    Thanks!

2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Exactly. Thats why this is HD Talking.:bigsmiley20:

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

If you like space ships than the Vision is for you.....:khee

4. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

I'd be afraid of the lack of available service,parts,etc.Same with Indian.

5. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Great answers so far...:)

6. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

Sonny Barger owns one and he has ridden HD's all his life. He also does his own maintenance.
    [​IMG]

sonny barger victory vision

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Gear drive primary= less maintenance better power transfer?

8. screwylouie

screwylouie Active Member

If I were in the market for a Polaris/Victory, I'd find a Victory forum and go trolling. Guaranteed there's at least one Victory forum!

Now I have to go look for myself!

9. DarinDan

DarinDan Active Member

There is a victory forum with information on different models. I have a few co-workers with victory motorcycles and they talk about the victory forums. Engine and transmission seems very durable and easy to work on. Although, one of the guys are looking at buying a Street Glide now. My main concern would be the support of buying parts and maintenance if needed from a dealership.

10. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

I'd be careful. Victory's can be nice and all, cheaper than Harley, and most with bigger engines and more power. But, they have a lack of aftermarket parts support, limited dealerships and service locations, and they are very heavy, especially the vision. the vision goes for about 22 grand where I am, for that kind of money, I'd rather go with a Street Glide.... Plus, with Harley's "Project Rushmore" and the new street series coming out, I think Harley will be putting quite a bit more pressure on Victory and Indian....