free website stats program Victory motorcycles | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Victory motorcycles

I won't pose as an expert on Victory (or even HD...?? [but i can do my own maintenance and repair on anything...] ) still everything i have seen and heard from owners has been good on the Victory --- it is a good looking machine and seems (to me) to hold pretty good value...I wouldn't mind having one...as long as i still had a Harley....:)

I won't pose as an expert on Victory (or even HD...?? [but i can do my own maintenance and repair on anything...] ) still everything i have seen and heard from owners has been good on the Victory --- it is a good looking machine and seems (to me) to hold pretty good value...I wouldn't mind having one...as long as i still had a Harley....:)

I do have to agree with you on that. I'd have to have a Harley as my main squeeze, but I wouldn't mind a Victory Vegas or an 8-Ball in the stable as well.... They also have a nice sound. Not as gnarly as Harley's potato potato sound, but it's in a different class, pretty sweet IMO. (Not stock either, but a set of V&H on a Vegas sounds legit...)

LOTS of tranny problems on the earlier models according to Cycle World magazine and the Victory forums. Seems like mostly complaints of electrical problems, what little I read.

If Victory ever saturates this country with the same number of bikes that HD has, I bet there will be plenty of complaints.

Otherwise, if they are putting Americans to work, it's all good for me !

I rode tested a Cross Country, nice bike. But It was not my Harley. I grew up on everything but a Harley when I was younger. I have put more miles on my HD than all the bikes I have owned before. The feeling just was not there. Maybe I could get used to it, maybe not. Maybe if I made it more into my bike? The price is not that much cheaper than a HD. Go to the Victory site & build one, then go to HD site & build one. You would be surprized at the cost.

Toby

Back