free website stats program V&H straightshot & passenger footboard problems on a 2011 softail deluxe | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H straightshot & passenger footboard problems on a 2011 softail deluxe

A set of offset adapters will allow you to move them foward & up some. Not sure if HD has them or Kuriyakin. I put a set on my Indian Scout to move my pegs away from the pipes. Might be a something to look in to.:dknow

Wow...curious to see what V&H has to say. Definitely a clearance issue & unless you plan to ride solo all the time - big problem. I'm still thinking there's a different FB arm to go around the top pipe. Pics will work well w/V&H too so they see the problem...good luck & keep us posted.

yes, for me is surprisingly strange that V&H did not foresee on a softail deluxe (and with pipes specifically for the softail family) this incompatibility with the footboards, even more since my HD dealer spoke to them directly and they said 100% not a pb, which is not the case... I'm returning the bike to the dealer and they are offering me a solution that I don't like since they will ask somebody to build a iron bracket to gain 1 cm on the right side, this will unbalance the left side footboard.

Let's see if Kuryakyn solution will work... not confident!

Thanks a lot!

I just went through this problem on my deluxe. I have Vance and Hines short shots and it was the same problem. I was pretty frustrated with my options one of which was to make a bracket from the stock muffler support bracket which is how the floor board is supposed to mount but I came up with something WAY easier albeit a bit more expensive. I stared at it for a while and saw it. You can use the same set up that is on the left side on the right and it works out perfect. I ordered up a duplicate set of part #s 50464-07, 50465-07, 3601 and for $80 more I was set. Not thrilled that I had spend an additional $80 but it worked perfectly....with a slight modification and here that is.......the mount (50464-07) had to be shaved slightly where the "U" portion sits on the swing arm pivot. I just used my compressor with a grinding wheel. Nobody can see that the powder coating is gone because how it sits. Took a few minutes to put on after the parts came in. Hope that helps. Can post pics if it'd be helpful.

When you bought your bike did it come with foot pegs or floorboards for the passenger? Maybe V&H has a seperate part number for passenger floor boards.

I just went through this problem on my deluxe. I have Vance and Hines short shots and it was the same problem. I was pretty frustrated with my options one of which was to make a bracket from the stock muffler support bracket which is how the floor board is supposed to mount but I came up with something WAY easier albeit a bit more expensive. I stared at it for a while and saw it. You can use the same set up that is on the left side on the right and it works out perfect. I ordered up a duplicate set of part #s 50464-07, 50465-07, 3601 and for $80 more I was set. Not thrilled that I had spend an additional $80 but it worked perfectly....with a slight modification and here that is.......the mount (50464-07) had to be shaved slightly where the "U" portion sits on the swing arm pivot. I just used my compressor with a grinding wheel. Nobody can see that the powder coating is gone because how it sits. Took a few minutes to put on after the parts came in. Hope that helps. Can post pics if it'd be helpful.

Tried the kuryakin solution, and does not work, moving to yours could you please post some pics of the result it might help!
Thanks in advance
WAP.gif

Thanks bluefilhd,

I've tried the Kuriyakin, without any luck, and now I tried your solutions, and guess what, it works!!!, thanks for the help and tip on this matter!

Back