free website stats program V&H straightshot & passenger footboard problems on a 2011 softail deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H straightshot & passenger footboard problems on a 2011 softail deluxe

jeod

Hi all

I just installed vance & Hines straight shots on my HD softail deluxe 2011 and I have a problem with the passenger footboards that do not fit on the right side where the pipes are
Can anyone help me or know a solution go this problem?

Thanks in advance

Best to contact V&H at 1st chance, but need to check a few things while you're waiting:

1. Make sure part# matches your bike (make/model/year).
2. Re-check instructions for correct installation procedures.
3. Check for any type of peg/board extension/adapter.

I'm sure there's a easy fix - good luck & post some pics when you're done.

Thanks man,

I've been looking for alternatives since Friday without any luck.

I'll contact V&H on Monday, if they do not offer a solution I'll install the original pies back, since I have the footpeg look on my deluxe, even if I love the new sound of the bike now...

I'll post some pics if somebody finds a solution(preferable V&H)

Thanks!

Thanks!

The pipes are: STRAIGHTSHOTS: Performance Exhaust Systems

and not only the slip-ons.

The slip-ons will be an alternative if I cannot manage to get the footbard installed, but to install the slip-ons I need to re-install the stock pipes and them buy the straightshot slip-ons... and trash the straightshots

I was assured that the pipes were compatible with the footbaords at my HD dealer, not truth after all.

Thanks!

The pipes are: STRAIGHTSHOTS: Performance Exhaust Systems

and not only the slip-ons.

The slip-ons will be an alternative if I cannot manage to get the footbard installed, but to install the slip-ons I need to re-install the stock pipes and them buy the straightshot slip-ons... and trash the straightshots

I was assured that the pipes were compatible with the footbaords at my HD dealer, not truth after all.

Check this link out: STRAIGHTSHOTS: Vance Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

It looks likes the foot peg is on the bike. Again check part number...:s
Check out fitment guide: SOFTAIL MODELS REQUIRE O2 SENSOR PLUGS 16925
1986-2006
I am thinking that the pipes are incorrect for your model...

yes,

Not pb with the footpeg, the pb is with the footboard (I cannot yet post links), but you can search by HD part number: 50377-07A

the footboard on the right side does not fett by half cm, if I force the footborad I'll smash the upper pipe.

jeod; is there a way for you to get a pic uploaded...maybe to your garage...so we can get a visual.

attached some images

thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_2830.jpg
    IMG_2830.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2831.jpg
    IMG_2831.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2834.jpg
    IMG_2834.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 53
a few more and one on the left side, as you can see the footboards are made for this softail, the footpegs are ridiculous...

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpg
    IMG_2838.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2839.jpg
    IMG_2839.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 43
Back