free website stats program V&H Short Shots vs. Straightshot slip ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Short Shots vs. Straightshot slip ons

I've have Straight Shots on my Wide Glide for several years. I have been running Thunder Monster baffles and now the Quiet Monster Baffles (still pretty loud). Hard to describe, but I would say the sound is more along the lines of a hot rod vs. a deep rumble.

SlimJim's comments are great advice....take some time, listen to some bikes with the exhaust systems you are interested in.

I changed from stock to S/E slip ons, then to V&H staggered bigshots. I like them, they are what I was after all the while. Louder, but not too far. To my ear, perfect. At least now I don't need that tach. I can finally hear it.

New to this forum and thread but just purchased a set of V&H shortshots for my 08 nightster, along with the Fuelpak and K&N highflow filter.......couldn't take the stock pipes much longer as I wanted a little more noise for the money...

I like straight shots, i have them on my 02 lowrider, minkuni carb, dialed in, never had a problem, i used to have side shots before v/h made them for dynas, but was loosing power and a lil to much crackling..straight shots are also good performance pipes...

Back