free website stats program V&H Short Shots vs. Straightshot slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Short Shots vs. Straightshot slip ons

Interested in anyone's thoughts as to whether the short shots are a better option than the slip ons in terms of change in exhaust note relative to factory exhaust. More specifically, I am wondering if the difference between the two options is principally cosmetic or if there is a notable difference in sound (going on a 1200 Low).

I just put the SS's on my Street Bob. Much louder, even with the quiet baffles. Not a deep throughty sound but more like fire crackers.

Depends what sound you like. If you want something that sounds like it has burned out baffles, loud, and like a stock car, go with the Short Shots. If you want a mellower, deep rumble, I'd look at a set of slip-ons. I know one thing, when it comes to exhaust systems, I wouldn't be buying a set up based on what you're told here. All of our opinions and likes are 100% personal, what sounds good to OUR ears. You have to live with the sound YOUR ears like. Try to hold off until you've had the chance to hear a few different set-ups on a Sporty. You'll know the ones you want the minute you hear them!

Depends what sound you like. If you want something that sounds like it has burned out baffles, loud, and like a stock car, go with the Short Shots. If you want a mellower, deep rumble, I'd look at a set of slip-ons. I know one thing, when it comes to exhaust systems, I wouldn't be buying a set up based on what you're told here. All of our opinions and likes are 100% personal, what sounds good to OUR ears. You have to live with the sound YOUR ears like. Try to hold off until you've had the chance to hear a few different set-ups on a Sporty. You'll know the ones you want the minute you hear them!

Very wise advice. Whatever exhaust you use though a Harley will always sound better than other bikes.

i had short shots on my wideglide the sound was not my favorite
so now i'm sporting samson long slashers and i love the sound

I have Short Shots on my 09 Softail, stock baffles. I am not happy with the "raspy" sound the baffles give off mainly when decelerating.:(

We have Short Shots on our 1200 Nightster; I prefer the sound over my Fatboy with SE slip-ons. That said loud pipes are an individual preference.

I had V/H Long Shots on my Springer, and they looked and sounded great. The Long Shots also keep more of the exhaust "residue" off of the bike.

I have the Screamin Eagle II's w/baffles removed, love the sound it gives, but V&H SS's are definately in my near future, I love the sound they give.

I know this is an old thread, but which one is the loudest of the two?
I prefer the deeper rumbling sound, but I wan't something that is nice and loud :bigsmiley18:

Back