free website stats program V&H Fuelpak | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Fuelpak

I put the V&H Fuelpac on last month on my 08 Ultra Classic with my stock pipes and SE air cleaner. Easy as anything to install and set up. Bike runs better than ever, much cooler but does have have a little surging issue at very low rpms. Fuel economy looks like it went up a bit. I'm sure there are a number of better ones for those that are looking for real performance but my main concern was to cool down the bike and pipes and save my motor from the summer heat.

I put the V&H Fuelpac on last month on my 08 Ultra Classic with my stock pipes and SE air cleaner. Easy as anything to install and set up. Bike runs better than ever, much cooler but does have have a little surging issue at very low rpms. Fuel economy looks like it went up a bit. I'm sure there are a number of better ones for those that are looking for real performance but my main concern was to cool down the bike and pipes and save my motor from the summer heat.

Surging is usually caused by an intake leak or settings that are too lean.

I have exactly the same set up as you on my /09 Ultra and have no surging. I'd double check my FP map settings then look for a possible intake leak like Glider says.

guys, what's involved with installing these? I am thinking of the same thing, however I am considering maybe swapping out the head pipe with Fullsac for one without the cats in it. The pipe is $200. You're not supposed to have to change anything but if you start with a lean condition then I cant see why that would change.....so back to my question, what is involved with installing a FP or a power commander? Does it require a lap top? I have a couple so no big deal but I havent messed with any of it before. I can read and follow directions however. How much are one of these deals?

.....so back to my question, what is involved with installing a FP or a power commander? Does it require a lap top? I have a couple so no big deal but I havent messed with any of it before. I can read and follow directions however. How much are one of these deals?

Many including myself choose to go with the TFI instead of the units you mentioned because there is no programming or laptop needed to install and set up plus we have the Manufacturer (Dobeck) here on the forum. They are a great company to deal with and if you are a service member or emergency service member, they give you a great discount.

If not then this discount applies to you...

TFI Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community

Here's their site too...

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers

Glider......thanks buddy. Appreciate the help. I went out to that site and it looks simple enough. Have a great weekend man. Thanks again.

Was in at the dealer's today and was talking to the parts manager about slip ons when he asked if I had done the AC and fuel management mod. I said I had the SE air cleaner and a V and H Fuelpak on the bike and was very pleased with the results. He then told me that with the Fuelpak installed, I had voided my waranty. My bike is out of waranty anyway so it wasn't an issue for me but I asked why HD would void the waranty just because of the Fuelpak. His answer was: "Anytime the owner can adjust the fuel mamagement themselves, the potential exists for the owner to get the bike so out of tune that serious damage could be done to the engine. Thus Harley won't waranty any bike that has had a fuel management system added such as a Fuelpak." Now this sounds to me like this dealer thinks we're too dumb to be trusted with adjusting the fuel management on our bikes ourselves and I just don't believe that is official HD policy. I would think it would have to be proven that it was the fuel management that caused any problems before HD would refuse to honour their waranty. I could be wrong, but....

I heard the same thing from my dealer, wants you mess with the fuel the warranty over as far as there concerned.

I'm new to HD motor cycles but if you put a good high flowing exhaust and air cleaner can a Harley dealership tune it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back