free website stats program V&H Fuel Pak problems | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Fuel Pak problems

I have a 2006 WGlide with V&H Big Radius pipes and Screamin Eagle air intake. Added the V&H fuel pak at the recommendation from a Harley tech. He had one on his bike and said it would prevent burnt valves in the long run. Seemed to make sense. The bike runs strong and much better top end. But when tooling around 30-40 mph the engine chugs. When I slow for a curve the engine somtimes spits and coughs. Drives me nuts. V&H has made their recomendations at least 4 times with no improvements. Ready to turn it off. Any thoughts? Will long hot trips burn the valves without the tuner? Thanks!

I had the same problems with fuel paks on two of my Harley's. I went with a PCV and auto tune this time around and am really, really impressed with the improvement. I didn't realize my other bikes were running so poorly until I switched to the PC. Probably not what you wan't to read after spending money on the fuel pak. I wouldn't run your setup without some type of fuel enrichment device though, from what I've been told, it can cause some damage to the engine.

You must have a bad unit..My vance and hines fuel pak may not be as good as some but thair is a lot of them out thair that work good. Like mine.....I bet the power commander is a lot better but you shouldnt half to spend more money...That being said, calling V and H tek for help is a joke..Now,,,If mine fuel pak goes bad, would I by another.....NO way...No how.....

I was having a hard time getting mine to tune so I went to the power commander V with the auto tune and the difference is amazing. If the 06 doesn't have O2 sensors, the auto tuner comes with weld in bungs so it will work. In my opinion it is well worth the extra money for the tuneability of the PCV.

I love both my FuelPaks.
V&H published new settings on their website awhile back and it made a world of difference on both my machines.

Yes I have O2 sensors. Thanks for the opinions and responses. I'm going to try the tech line one more time. I took a 1000 plus mile ride over the weekend. Now that Temp has jumped into the upper 90's the bike will not idle after long 50 mile or better stretches. All I have to do is ignition off and on and it resets what ever? Trying to be patient. I bought this through Denis Kirk. Not sure if they will work with me if I want to return it?

Well.....Gess what...Yesterday my bike did some spiten and coughing when taking off a 2 or 3 of times and Im hoping like me,,it is just bad gas..:)

Back