free website stats program V&H Fuel Pak problems | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Fuel Pak problems

First I want to understand first why there are different maps and dyno tuning requiered for auto tune.

Can't answer that question without knowing which "auto tune" system you plan on buying.
Some don't require any dyno tuning at all.

Well, my luck continues to go south. Cleaning the IAC lasted about a week and the idle problem came back. Ordered and installed a new IAC. Initialized and cranked her up. Idled fine. Took it for a ride. No different. Idle dropped out at the 1st stop. Engine light came on and went back off. Tried to pull codes. No codes. Removed the Fuel Pak completly. No different. I checked for intake leaks and found none. ?????? Starts and sounds fine. But, it sounds like its starving a bit for fuel after riding for a few minutes. Any thoughts as I dread the thought of taking it to the dealer.

More to add. Went back out a started the bike. It idled fine and sounded good. Throttled it up a few times, sounded fine. After a few minute of running I could feel the bike heating up. Throttled it up a few more times and it died. Cranked right back up. Then the engine light came on and stayed on as long as I held the RPMs up slightly. Still no codes. At one time the bike idled high after I backed off on the throttle. Could the intake air temperature sensor be bad? Seems like I should get a code if the eng light comes on??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Then the engine light came on and stayed on as long as I held the RPMs up slightly.

Is the Fuel pac completely removed at this time. (or any other device, piggy, PC, etc)
Bike is in factory stock native state.

When you check for codes, You see the word "None" or "noRsp" correct?. Do you see the part number of the device. This is a 2006 bike.

Yes, no codes. I see the word "none" and "noRsp". Yes it is an 06. Fuel Pak has been removed from the bike.

Fuel Pak is sitting on the tool box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which device gave you the NoRrsp for a reply. Was it the ecm (P family of codes) That is the reason for the part numbers.

Can't remember. I'll go check it again.

Don't race through this. Just because you see no codes, does not mean you have none. If you have commo problems to the ECM, you won't be able to pull the codes even though they are stored in it.

You must see the word "None" from EACH device on the buss. My bike for example only has 3 devices it can get error codes from. The Speedo, ECM, & TSSM. I may see a NoRsp from a device not on the LAN, such as ABS,, but I absolutely need to see 3 part numbers (devices) and 3 "none" displayed.:)

So without a diagnostic tool I am at the mercy of replacing parts. I may start with the engine temp sensor since it seems to run fine until it starts warming up.

Back